Ok, i searched but couldn't really find a clear answer. I am in the process of looking for a new guitar, and tuning stability is a big thing for me. My Squier Strat goes out of tune after playing just a few songs. I have to tune it atleast twice every time i get it out. Anyways, I would like a floating trem, but I wouldn't use it very often. My question is, when i'm not using the trem, what would hold tune better....... a block/stopbar/tremol-no/whatever floating bridge, or a hardtail. Keep in mind I want it to stay in tune under a lot of hard playing/string bending/etc.

So basically, what holds tune better: hardtail or blocked LFR/edge etc.
Hard tail will hold better. Unless we are talking about a double locking fixed tremolo. Tune matic plus hard tail is the best
Make sure your strings are properly stretched - that's the most common culprit when people think their guitars can't keep tune.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
DO NOT GET EDGE unless its edge pro but even then stick with schaller
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by steven seagull
Make sure your strings are properly stretched - that's the most common culprit when people think their guitars can't keep tune.

oh yeah he's right.
beyond that the double locking trems will hold it better but are a pain when using multiple tunings
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
also does anyone know if ESP/LTD liscensed FRs are any good? are they much better than an edge 3 or just a little bit?