Right i'v been gettin into some heavier music (Pantera, Megadeth, Down and Slayer to name a few) recentlly and i'm not gettin the tones i want out of any of my guitars. i'm happy enough with my amps so iv decided to get a new guitar.

really i'm just lookin for suggestions for a decent, cheap (anything over £350 is getting a bit much) heavy metal guitar

the new dbd t dean ML has caught my eye. would it do the trick?
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/73369

also my dad suggested shcecter. they any use?

cheers to all suggestions
try some lower-end Ltds, ive got a couple and i can get a pretty dec metal tone out of them. remember though, your amp more than anything is going to have the biggest impact on your tone.
I refuse to put anything that masturbates my ego in my sig.
i would listen to your dad.
I personally dont like the ML's much. Might of been the one i played but never enjoyed it (love dean however everything else they make is lovely)
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Schecter are br00tal.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
A lot of people recommend Schecters. WHile they are a good value, i find the necks too thick.
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
Listen to your pops on the Schecter. For the money, I'm impressed.

Local shops? Get in there and play some stuff and see what you like. ESP's might be up your alley too.
i've got a schecter c-1 classic (completely worth the money), definately check into those...hell buy used if you have to
get a warlock..amazing guitars
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Quote by Vindicator
shouldnt ur ESP 400 series be sufficient? which model specifically do u have?

its one of the 80's strat models. the vintage plus series is basiclly a reissue of it

thanks everybody
i'v been lookin at schecters and the C-1 Classic looks brilliant. Anybody know anywhere any UK based sites that sells any schecters? GAK doesn't have any and i don't know many sites beyond GAK
Not too sure about Schecters. My band-mate has one - its' well pretty, but tbh the pickups ain't too great in em, and when I've played it a few times, it wasn't too fab. I'd say go for an ESP or Jackson. I'd also recommend a BC Rich, as they usually throw a helluva lot in a guitar for the money.
EDIT: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/products.php?s=&k=&x=27&y=5&m=Brands&c=Electric+Guitars&r=%A3200+-+%A3400

That's a 200-400 shake-down, ish. Hope that helps with directions
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Stay away from lower end Deans. Especially the Dimebag Tribute guitars. They're overpriced and they have crap parts on them.

If you really want to stick with Dean, I'd say go for the '79 series guitars.

I say Ibanez, Schecter, ESP/LTD or Jackson would be your best bet.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Korzack
Not too sure about Schecters. My band-mate has one - its' well pretty, but tbh the pickups ain't too great in em, and when I've played it a few times, it wasn't too fab. I'd say go for an ESP or Jackson. I'd also recommend a BC Rich, as they usually throw a helluva lot in a guitar for the money.
EDIT: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/products.php?s=&k=&x=27&y=5&m=Brands&c=Electric+Guitars&r=%A3200+-+%A3400

That's a 200-400 shake-down, ish. Hope that helps with directions

The lower end Schecter stock pickups, yeah. Put up a little more money and you get the EMG's stock.

Or, don't and but your own PUPs to replace the stocks. That's what I'd do anyway, depending on the financial situation. But I'm a tweaker.
ESP are in my opinion the greatest metal guitars. if you don't get an ESP id saay either an Ibanez (for super-fast playing) or get a Dean.
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Quote by Johansensan
ESP are in my opinion the greatest metal guitars. if you don't get an ESP id saay either an Ibanez (for super-fast playing) or get a Dean.

YES, YES, YES!!!! ESP's are far superior
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
I'd say no on that low end dean. You can get a higher end Dean or a Schecter as suggested. ESP's are also very very nice metal guitars, its what their company is known for.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Jackson, Ibanez and ESP are the "Big 3" when it comes to metal, they are all fairly good. I prefer Jacksons but it is a preference thing. Just go try out some guitars!
Quote by St.Loony
I went doctors to see if I had AIDs. Apparently all I have is this thing called hiv... So nothing to worry about
Jackson Dinky DK2M or DK2
ESP LTD EC-500
ESP LTD MH-400
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (without the floyd rose)
I don't know much about ibanez, but theyd be fine too.

If youre into other shapes,
Jackson Warrior MG
Jackson KE-3
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD Viper 400
ESP LTD V-500
Ibanez VBT-700

EDIT: I originally put RR4 instead of RR3. My mistake. GAK has most of these jacksons, check them out. They're all great.
Last edited by metalman89 at Apr 6, 2008,
I'm putting on the flame shield for this. But a razorback could be a good choice. The Razorback V 255 is a sick guitar. I know theyre over priced, but you can talk GC down to a more reasonable price. The black with a yellow outline is amazing
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Quote by metalman89
Jackson Dinky DK2M or DK2
ESP LTD EC-500
ESP LTD MH-400
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (without the floyd rose)
I don't know much about ibanez, but they'd be fine too.

If youre into other shapes,
Jackson Warrior MG
Jackson KE-3
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD Viper 400
ESP LTD V-500
Ibanez VBT-700

EDIT: I originally put RR4 instead of RR3. My mistake. GAK has most of these jacksons, check them out. They're all great.

look in to these. on Ibanez: look at the RG prestige series, and the S series (prestige or not)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by bobbyj84
I'm putting on the flame shield for this. But a razorback could be a good choice. The Razorback V 255 is a sick guitar. I know theyre over priced, but you can talk GC down to a more reasonable price. The black with a yellow outline is amazing

the regular razorback is one of the most comfortable guitars out there. it's worth it but you'll prob have to replace the pickups
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
umm, if your using the Line 6 as your main amp, I'd be a bit hesitant about that first. If you have another good amp that you're using then my bad. For a new guitar, I'd say that the Jackson soloist series, ESP's or Ibanez RG, S, or X series guitars for thrash metal specifically. This all in mind if you can't get a Schecter in England, I'm an ibanez man at heart, but those are still great 6 string guitars for sure.