How old were you when you realized your dream wasn't going to come true?

Page 1 of 2
When I was about 12, I was deadset on being a professional basketball player. I was a decent player, but was no where near good enough. Eventually, when I was around 14, I realized it wouldn't happen.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I never really had any dreams like that....

Oh well.. no dreams, no dissapointments
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
how about live life day by day? makes it more fun
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

My dreams are humble, I dream of a realistic life as a professional musicina/teacher, making a moderate salary, with a wonderful family, etc.
well obviously its not happen if you dont try
you can have you dreams if you try hard enough(or if your just a lucky bastard)
I had loads of stupid ones as a kid but most people probably do so i won't count them. I would really like to teach guitar and make music with people, not really famous music just something good.

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
I never really had a dream .
Though when I was a little kid I wanted to be a dolphins trainer.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

hmmm...I still have dreams and I hope they will come true.
But for now...my biggest dreams are to play a gig(will happen in June) and the dream that I guess all guys had...to be with the girl I love...that's all
but...dreams must be. When I have no dreams then I'm just not myself anymore
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Never realized it yet.
Because mine IS going to come true.

My dream is enjoy life and take a career as a Forensic Scientist (a Crime Scene Technician [CSI stupid]) and play in a band for fun and see where that goes.

My dream is quite reasonable.
Quote by trsc
I made my dreams realistic.

Wish I was smart enough at that age to do that. hahah
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
They say you change every 7 years (7, 14, 21, etc.) That seems to happen to alot of people too.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
I have many dreams to be something or get something.
They all have not died. I'm just choosing on which to focus for a dream never dies!

*Patriotic face*
HI GUYS!
I wanted to be a fire engine when I got older. No, not a fireman. A mother f***ing fire engine. I told my father his one day, and he smiled and gave a chuckle in that old, patronly sort of way. Then he told me 'You're f***ing stupid.' and beat me senseless.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
When I was about 12, I was deadset on being a professional basketball player. I was a decent player, but was no where near good enough. Eventually, when I was around 14, I realized it wouldn't happen.

You could have with intense practice, professional training sessions, basketball clinics, and joining teams.

Your dream was possible with you taking initiative to become a baller.

You don't want to go through the journey, and the grind.
No, you nigga wanted to be a baller OVERNIGHT.

fatass gargantuan full page sized e-cookie if you get the reference

If you make a more realistic dream, it's possible.
The dream to become a rockstar is possible, you just really NEED TO WANT IT SO BAD that you'll do WHATEVER it takes to get there.
That's what a real dream is.

Actually, a real dream is your sub-conscious creating mental images while you sleep and are deep into REM.
Quote by Holy.
Who has dreams?

That's like asking "Who eats these days?"

Everyone has dreams, literally and figuratively.

Your act of comedy has failed you and for that, I would like to post a fail pic.
But i'm far too lazy, so post a fail pic in return
. . .
"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with."
. . .
Quote by Tazeyo
. . .
"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

. . .

Goddamn speeches.
I h8 speeches!

*grabs sniper and fires*

WAHAHAHAHAHA WHITE POWER!!!

I'm sorry, I had to do it?
I wanted to become a Doctor (Typical asian kid) mainly because it made a crapload of money and my parents wanted me to be one. When I was 16, I realized that that wasn't what I wanted to do anymore. I wanted to pursue culinary arts and so I dropped my Academy (renown as one of the best in the United States) and now i have an internship at a restaurant and i plan on attending the CIA (Culinary institute of america).
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by Tazeyo
. . .

I have a dream today!

I have a dream today!

. . .

greatest dream ever.

My band will eventually reach international notice as "gods of rock."

I was about 7 or 8 when that one just keeled over and died.
my dream of playing in a band and getting signed is still valid.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Never. I'm still living under the false pretence that I'm a rockstar who fights crime in his spare time.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
about 10, i realized i would never be an astronaught.

i still wanna see the earth from space if it gets affordable, virgin galactic and like 1 other company offer it at like 500k a flight.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
I wanted to be a dance teacher for a while.

I have no idea why, because I never took dance.

I think I forgot about that rather than realise it wouldn't come true.
Quote by DistantScreams
Awwwww.... CaptainBec that was messed up

Why? Because I rap about reality? Like me and my grandma having a cup of tea?
There ain't no party like my nanna's tea party - heey - ho!
Quote by floppypick
I never really had any dreams like that....

Oh well.. no dreams, no dissapointments

and nothing to look forward to
You like it
My dreams of being a Pro Golfer ended when i realized that EVERYBODY is better than me

I'll settle down become a 10th grade Social Studies teacher. I'll be a programmer and musician in my spare time. I will buy a house in central Pennsylvania, get a nice Beagle, find a nice wife, and have 2 kids.

There.

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
Goddamn speeches.
I h8 speeches!

*grabs sniper and fires*

WAHAHAHAHAHA WHITE POWER!!!

I'm sorry, I had to do it?

, I have to sig this. Though, this is my ticket to hell
██████████████████████████████
Last edited by Ralbert07 at Apr 6, 2008,
Wait... so my dreams AREN'T gonna come true?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
My dream is just to have a big house in a suburban community with a good family while working as a full time professional musician, and I'm dead set on having it come true.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Page 1 of 2