Dear UG, I think that it's about time to upgrade from my MG100HDFX to some tubes!

Here's my situation:
-I currently have $600, but I'm willing to save up more.
-I'd like to have it gigable, but the venues would probably not exceed the size of a school auditorium. So, about 30 watts, of tube that is.
-I play rock, stuff like Muse, the Mars Volta, At the Drive-in, RATM, that sort of spiel. Very rarely do I cross into the metal territory, but if I do, it's only for a Chevelle type of sound.
-Cleans are important too, I also enjoy my ska
-2 channels would be nice, 3 would be spectacular, 1 would be pushing it...
-I'm looking more into a combo, but I'll consider a half-cab if necessary (eww MG cabs )

I've tried the Peavy Classic 30 for a few minutes, and I really liked what I heard
And I've also heard great things about the Palomino, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet

So, what does UG think? Any other suggestions are welcome!
THANKS!
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
Last edited by /Qwertytrewq\ at Apr 6, 2008,
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Traynor YCV50 is better than both those amps IMO. Just a little more expensive but you could get one for less than $600 used pretty easily.

thanks
Problem is, my local shops don't really carry many Traynor's, especially not the YCV50.
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Yeah thats the problem with Traynors, they are hard to find. Worst case scenario is that you have to get a Palomino or classic. Pretty good worst case scenario I would say.

I'll say.
Quote by Mauri_wario
Quote by tbsff_7