Okay, this is gonna sound farfetched, but for some reason my mom believes that her cousin's wife is slowly poisoning him over time. She says she knows there's a name for it and wants to find out what it is so she can research it. She's come to me to figure it out, and I'm not 100% sure what it is called. So if anyone knows, let me know so I can get her to leave me alone =P. Thanks.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Huh?
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
Yeah, it's called murder.

Or, paranoia.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by SmashThings
Huh?

My thoughts exactly.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
Yeah thats what I told her, it would be murder. But, she insisted that there's some other specific name about it. All I really know is that he's been having blackouts and seizures, and they suspect her poisoning him may be the cause. This is more my mom's question than mine, I'm just a messenger =\
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Yeah I think they call it paranoia.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
Quote by offspring_punk
Yeah thats what I told her, it would be murder. But, she insisted that there's some other specific name about it. All I really know is that he's been having blackouts and seizures, and they suspect her poisoning him may be the cause. This is more my mom's question than mine, I'm just a messenger =\

Um...Blood test? Find out if there actually is anything in his blood that shouldn't be there?
lol smashthings when you said huh? and your avatar totally fit that comment. everyone just start naming off poisons it would be funnier.
Munchausen syndrome
I believe that is the term your mother is searching for. Although I believe it applies to parents poisoning their kids. But it might cover more than that.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Poisoning over a long period of time doesn't work; if you use small portions every time your body will get immune to the poison I thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithridates_VI_of_Pontus

That dude always ate a very little bit of poison with his food, because he thought that is his enemies tried to poison him, he would be immune to it. He tried to kill himself after he heard the Romans were after him, by using poison, but guess what: He was immune! ta-da!
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
The thing is, if you kill someone by poisoning, it's murder. If you get found out before they die, then the charge is different.
So basically, good poisoners get done for murder, stupid n00bs get done for something else. Truly smart people ensure their victim annoys the KGB.
Quote by CrackAddict2000
Poisoning over a long period of time doesn't work; if you use small portions every time your body will get immune to the poison I thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithridates_VI_of_Pontus

That dude always ate a very little bit of poison with his food, because he thought that is his enemies tried to poison him, he would be immune to it. He tried to kill himself after he heard the Romans were after him, by using poison, but guess what: He was immune! ta-da!

It must be certain poisons because if I'm not mistaken Hitler's doctor managed to poison him (albeit not fatally) over quite a long period of time.
tell this person to go to a doctor and have a toxicology screen done.

but if she thinks shes delusional then she has paranoia.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
better kill his wife just to make sure

good ol fashioned witch hunt is needed.
it doesnt really work like that. you can't really poison someone over a long period of time (hollywood leads people to believe anything). it's like what the guy above said, the body will build up an immunity and it will no longer be effective.
however, if the lady is smart, she slowly increases the doseage she is giving him, and even doing that she has to know how much to give. without a science background that would be difficult.
my guess is there is something wrong with his health that has nothing to do with being poisoned. he should get a blood test, talk to a doctor, and the doctor will give further tests if he thinks something is wrong.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by Jackal58
Munchausen syndrome
I believe that is the term your mother is searching for. Although I believe it applies to parents poisoning their kids. But it might cover more than that.

It's actually called 'Munchausen's Syndrome By Proxy', which is where you harm someone else in order to satisfy a need for attention in yourself. Munchausen's Syndrome (ie not 'By Proxy') is where you harm yourself in order to satisfy a need for attention. By Proxy does often happen with parents and kids, but it doesn't necessarily have to be. It's pretty rare though and extremely difficult to prove.

I think the Greek thing is a bit of a myth. You certainly can poison people over long periods of time - for example with heavy metals such as lead, which can't be physiologically excreted so just build up in the body as time goes on, becoming more and more toxic.
Quote by Neil200387
It's actually called 'Munchausen's Syndrome By Proxy', which is where you harm someone else in order to satisfy a need for attention in yourself. Munchausen's Syndrome (ie not 'By Proxy') is where you harm yourself in order to satisfy a need for attention. By Proxy does often happen with parents and kids, but it doesn't necessarily have to be. It's pretty rare though and extremely difficult to prove.

I think the Greek thing is a bit of a myth. You certainly can poison people over long periods of time - for example with heavy metals such as lead, which can't be physiologically excreted so just build up in the body as time goes on, becoming more and more toxic.

heavy metals are not considered poisons. they wouldnt result in blacking out or seizures, rather they result in more long term effects. cancer, nervous system diseases. the greek thing isn't a myth, your cells just mutate and pass the plasmid DNA onto other cells in your body. because of this, immune cells are created.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Did she perchance read the story in britain where a wife slowly poisoned her husband with antifreeze to get the insurance money?
It's called 'paranoia'.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by Neil200387

Thank you. I knew there was a little more to it but couldn't remember.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by exiledsoul
heavy metals are not considered poisons. they wouldnt result in blacking out or seizures, rather they result in more long term effects. cancer, nervous system diseases. the greek thing isn't a myth, your cells just mutate and pass the plasmid DNA onto other cells in your body. because of this, immune cells are created.

Heavy metal toxicity can lead to seizures if it's bad enough. In fact seizures can be an indication of many kinds of long term central nervous system pathology. I think it's probably the effects of heavy metals on neurotransmitter release and uptake that causes them.

Perhaps there is some kind of tolerance to some poisons if administered long term, downregulating receptors and the like, but lead is always going to be toxic to cell however long it's been in the body. I don't think plasmids would play a role in human tolerance - they're only really found in bacterial cells.

EDIT:

Quote by Jackal58
Thank you. I knew there was a little more to it but couldn't remember.

You're welcome
Well I know she's being really paranoid, but also a few months ago her cousins wife took out a 50k insurance policy on him and not too long after he started having all these blackouts and ****. Idk, I think it's dumb, but she asked me to look, so I did. Thanks for the answers.
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
Quote by offspring_punk
Okay, this is gonna sound farfetched, but for some reason my mom believes that her cousin's wife is slowly poisoning him over time. She says she knows there's a name for it and wants to find out what it is so she can research it. She's come to me to figure it out, and I'm not 100% sure what it is called. So if anyone knows, let me know so I can get her to leave me alone =P. Thanks.

Pit =/= Doctors

EDIT:

Just read some of the replies, i take that statement back
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.