Page 1 of 2
Im in a group called get money entertainment. Its a rap group and i know a good majority of you guys here hate rap and ours is like the gangsta **** you hear on t.v. but we really do much more than that. From a creative stand point, we have someone who is on the keyboards, piano player, someone who writes the songs, someone who puts our music out there on the streets and helps promote us, and we have a producer. We also have a drummer. We have been in the studio with DJ Khaled and Timbaland to. Russell Simmons also gave us a speech on why we want to do this and if were just doing it to be street punks. He told us the measures we have to take to become great and to get a record label. It was an awesome speech. Anyways, does anyone here have like a rap group or a R&B group or Classical music group. And for all of you smartasses, i know this is a guitar forum, ive been here for almost five years but this is the pit where you are able to express yourself freely. So dont be shy people. peace
Life is a film, you the film maker
Last edited by ~DeadPoetsNow~ at Apr 6, 2008,
No, I'm not.
And is this just an excuse to put your bands website out?
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
i play in a pipe band

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
I play in my schools band, I play clarinet. And I play in my friend's church praise band. Im actually not in a rock band. But I do play rock with my brother (me on guitar, him on drums)
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by ratmblink123
No, I'm not.

+1 i think it is. TS, take off the link in your post, it might be seen as advertising.
arent you guy with the gypsy problem?
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
...I started making out with her, then started doing her from behind...

I said "You're a dirty girl aren't you Steve? ****ing on the first date?"

She shot forward and my dick flopped out and she said "Who the **** is Steve?"
Quote by ratmblink123
No, I'm not.

not at all seeing as how i mentioned that most of you guys here hate rap. Its just me interacting with ug on a whole other level. Seeing who i am. You never know, we could have some peds on this site or some stalkers and ****. This is showing you im a somewhat normal teen, even though i go to military school, i do normal stuff when im back home.
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
not at all seeing as how i mentioned that most of you guys here rap. Its just me interacting with ug on a whole other level. Seeing who i am. You never know, we could have some peds on this site or some stalkers and ****. This is showing you im a somewhat normal teen, even though i go to military school, i do normal stuff when im back home.

How is that showing who you are? A link to your band's website shows who you are? I don't think that is much different than UG... But either way, you may want to take down that link, man. It'll it may be ruled as advertising.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
i'm part of a large irish music group. there's dancing, music and singing. i don't dance or sing, but i play the guitar, bodhran(irish drum) and whistle there..i've been in it since i was 3, and a few years ago we actually took first place in a competition in ireland for a world title. pretty cool, but ive gotten used to being in it.
Quote by ratmblink123
How is that showing who you are? A link to your band's website shows who you are? I don't think that is much different than UG... But either way, you may want to take down that link, man. It'll it may be ruled as advertising.

Damn theres always that one person who HAS GOT to be right in a situation online. Ill take it down, dont worry sunshine.
Im in a Jazz Band and the Marching Band
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
Damn theres always that one person who HAS GOT to be right in a situation online. Ill take it down, dont worry sunshine.

dude we don't care, as far as we're concerned the mods can come and close this thread and ban your ass, we're giving you advice that you really shouldn't need, seeing as how long you've been on this site.
Quote by CoreysMonster
dude we don't care, as far as we're concerned the mods can come and close this thread and ban your ass, we're giving you advice that you really shouldn't need, seeing as how long you've been on this site.

Thanks for your help than.
Quote by Chaosinborn
I play in various orchestras

Same. I play classical piano (as well as jazz, rock etc), and also the cello - so I play cello in several orchestras, chamber ensembles etc.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
Quote by SyN6661
haha
rap
what a joke

stfu
I'm in my school band (tuba) and two of our jazz bands (bass). That's about it. I did some solo electronic stuff, and would love to do some rap production.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I'm in a three-man group called the Lou Dobbs Experience. I provide vocal percussion, the two other guys play bass and guitar respectively.
All your base are belong to us.
Guitar in Jazz band; guitar in school all-string orchestra; french horn & trumpet in school band; mellophone in school marching band; guitar and keyboards in progressive metal band;
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
My band mostly plays rock, but we play a bit of folk-ish stuff too. We also play some blues.

I like some rap, but It's not my favourite genre. Though I think some rap is brilliant.
sup?
Last edited by ldl67 at Apr 6, 2008,
Quote by Broken_Drum
**** off.

Well, to be fair, he might mean that he can't rap, or something.

If I think about my voice and rap I usually laugh because of how stupid I would sound rapping.
sup?
I'm in three praise and worship bands (it's an accoustically led band with keys, bass and drums) and am doing my own prog-metal band.
Since you took down the link, will you pm it to me? I'm interested in hearing your stuff.

I'd love to start a hip hop group or something like that.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i have an awesome guitar + harmonica duo with my roommate
we mainly play ballads of croatian pop singers :?
I'm writing some guitar parts for a local rapper,
I'm not a huge fan of rap but its something to do

speaking of which, would it be better to write low nu-metalish riffs for his songs or soft clean stuff like in "today was a good day"? I'm kinda torn
Quote by JAS1121
I'm writing some guitar parts for a local rapper,
I'm not a huge fan of rap but its something to do

speaking of which, would it be better to write low nu-metalish riffs for his songs or soft clean stuff like in "today was a good day"? I'm kinda torn

Have a listen to his lyrics first and work our what style of guitar work would suit the mood of the music.
Quote by Broken_Drum
Have a listen to his lyrics first and work our what style of guitar work would suit the mood of the music.

All I have is a cd with his beats on it, and since rap/hip-hop is more lyrical than musical I cant really feel the mood of the song just from the beat

I told him I would have something by next weekend, but I'm stuck
Quote by JAS1121
All I have is a cd with his beats on it, and since rap/hip-hop is more lyrical than musical I cant really feel the mood of the song just from the beat

You would have something recorded over the beats for the Weekend or have something ready to record?
Quote by JAS1121

Write some Tom Morello type stuff, Nu-metal type stuff, and some hip-hop guitar type stuff. Maybe some melodies too.
It's gonna be a blue day
School band.

Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Page 1 of 2