This is a year-old Cort Z22 and I was just playing with it a while ago on an equally old Harley Benton 40W amp when suddenly the amp went silent.

Tested amp and cables, all are fine. Guitar seems to have suddenly stopped outputting sound. I have to turn the amp up to max volume to hear the guitar.

What could be wrong with the guitar? Volume knob is up to max and whatever position the pickup switch is on results in the same very low output.

I would appreciate any kind of help,
Thx.
Sounds like you've got bad pickups or a bad pot. Try another guitar through the amp to make sure, or try the guitar through a new amp.
I take it it isn't active PU?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
sounds to me like faulty wiring. what u can do is open the back and look at the input jack area and make sure all the wires are connected properly. if any appear loose or one is not connected it could cause some issues.
I've had that happen to my bass before.

The crappy pickups had gotten demagnetized somehow, I suspect it was leaving it too close to the amp's speaker.
Tried with my friend's strat, amp works fine.
Opened up guitar from behind and just took a quick look at the wiring: everything seems to be in place and jack has good contacts.

Yes, this guitar has passive pickups.

I suspect there might be a problem with these pups but they aren't demagnitized like AA00P's.

Is there anything you guys think I can do to fix it myself or should I take it to a professional?
Quote by wmh
Opened up guitar from behind and just took a quick look at the wiring: everything seems to be in place and jack has good contacts.

I suspect there might be a problem with these pups but they aren't demagnitized like AA00P's.

Is there anything you guys think I can do to fix it myself or should I take it to a professional?

If everything seems to be connected and you've tried the guitar through another amp and as far as you can see nothing is wrong with it (faulty wires, ect..), then just take it in to the shop and have somebody look at it.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by wmh

Yeah, take it to a guitar tech. It could be as simple and cheap as a bad pot, or it could be a dead pickup.
Well, thanks for the info guys, I'll take the guitar to a shop as soon as I can during the week. I'll post whatever was wrong with it here when I get it back

Anyway, good night for now everyone.