You may remember my first attempt at covering Welcome Home (still on profile page). Well, here is v2.

I tried to improve the guitar, making it more 'raw'

There are a few timing issues that I need to sort out, but overall I'm pretty pleased with the result.

Check it out! (c4c of course)

Ps. Uploaded my cover of ATWA by System of a down too.

Thanks,
Josh

EDIT-- didn't upload, i'll try again.
EDIT2- It's up now.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Last edited by Volta_91 at Apr 6, 2008,
Cheers!

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

everything sounded spot on except for the pinch harmonic thats in the electric part of the intro... (it sounds several times) it seems like it needs to be little higher or somthing, maybe its just me << >>

anyway besides that everything seemed dead on! rock on dood~
sounds intense, i didnt notice too many timing issues, and tbh its alot better than other covers of this song. crit mine if you got the time.
damn, pretty good, i need to work on that solo, haha...been workin on this song a lil bit here or there since this past monday (week ago)....so i havent gotten to that yet...
but i think yours sounded real good, lil diff on the chorus part, but still fit well.....pretty clean sounding overall.

heres what i do have..

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13804103#post13804103
Pretty good man... although I did notice some timing issues. Maybe work with a metronome and really key in on staying on the meter. You had a pretty similar tone to the song which I really enjoyed. Overall, you did a good job, there are some tricky parts in there that you nails.

Check out my Santana cover if you have time.

-Nick
The pinch harmonic in the opening heavy riff sounds a bit off but apart from that excellent job :-D
i Could be wrong but at the part during the chorus when your playing the E5 chord (F5 if it was standard tuning), between the parts where he does the clean Am and C chords, he uses a pinch harmonic on the second fret of the g string as opposed to playing it normal which is kindof what it sounds like your doing but i can tell. if my hearing is just bad and your hitting a pinch harmonic, sorry to waste your time. Other than that it was a very well done cover.
Cheers guys. Any suggestions on the next cover?

Pre1321, shinedown98, fearstrike...I'll crit your stuff when I get round to it.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

That was great, i like how you changed up some parts like the build up to the solo (which you almost nailed btw, except for Travis' pull-offs at the end). How did you get such a good tone?
Can you crit my Coheed covers? they're not nearly as good as what you did.
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=846323