really changed my views on the Amish, Might of considered becoming one, if not for the fact that i need my internets.

Pretty kool how they live though, like everything they do is for family, and stuff. pretty awesome. I use to think it was just all religious and Its really not, everything they do is for family, not to be strict. I also found it interesting because our tour guide told us about how they only teach till eighth grade, and how there isnt like any Amish in debt, and they have some pretty wealthy families. Really interesting, just wanted to share this.

well to not leave it as a big gap, imma say one last word

discuss.

Oh i was lying, I also wanted to share something I found in one of the stores.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Nahummer/080401_155027.jpg
(I do not need help putting images, the picture is too large, and to spare you the trouble i did this)
I found it to be pretty funny.
good pic^

whenever i've passed the amish in the county area they always seem nice, they wave to everyone who passes by in cars
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Lots of them have 11 fingers.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Yeah, I though the Amish were a bunch of crazy hicks until I visited Lancaster (and I now pronounce it Lan-Kuh-Ster not Lan-Caster-Er). They are an innovative bunch of people. They use propane to power their houses appliances!
██████████████████████████████
They aren't that great when you live here. There is **** all over the roads, it smells horrible in the spring (Although that one you can get over) and they can be generally unpleasant sometimes. They kicked us out of our old house that we lived in so that they could have their cousins move in or something. I really don't like them.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

I visit family in PA yearly, and see them quite often. I dont know hich part of PA though..
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I wish we had Amish communities in Britiain.

i thought that was liverpool?
Quote by spartan 118
They aren't that great when you live here. There is **** all over the roads, it smells horrible in the spring (Although that one you can get over) and they can be generally unpleasant sometimes. They kicked us out of our old house that we lived in so that they could have their cousins move in or something. I really don't like them.

Were they the Land Lords?
at the Amish Airlines!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
It's quite a great way to live, really. Once you get past the child molestation, incest, lack of government, lack of medical care.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I wish we had Amish communities in Britiain.

It would be cool that...but they'd get kicked to death by chavs and gangsters just cos they are or their beliefs are different.
.:: Current Setup::.

ESP Ltd Viper 50
Line 6 Spider II 30W
Fender Squire Acoustic Guitar
Encore LP Copy
Ibanez GSR200 Bass
Axl B35 Bass Amp

Quote by Ralbert07
Were they the Land Lords?

Indeed they were. I'm not saying all Amish are bad folk, but some of the ones I have come across have been pretty sour.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

Quote by Ralbert07
Yeah, I though the Amish were a bunch of crazy hicks until I visited Lancaster (and I now pronounce it Lan-Kuh-Ster not Lan-Caster-Er). They are an innovative bunch of people. They use propane to power their houses appliances!

I live in Lancaster and it really isn't anything special i don't know why anyone would wanna come here.
P.S. The first pronunciation is correct i always make fun of people who pronounce it wrongly.
One Love, One Heart, Let's Get Together And Feel Alright

Member of UG's Vegetarian Club. Add to sig to join!
There's a lot of Amish people up by my cabin (Clare, MI for the edumacated bunch) and when I drove by a bus stop there was "Amish Rule!" spray painted on it. I haven't laughed that hard on a while. And when I went by a buggy one time some dude gave me the peace sign.
Quote by system of chaos
I live in Lancaster and it really isn't anything special i don't know why anyone would wanna come here.
P.S. The first pronunciation is correct i always make fun of people who pronounce it wrongly.

I always found it funny when people who live here pronounced it wrong.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

Everything they do is with family too, I can even imagine trying to screw my sister
I don't even if I have one to begin with.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by system of chaos

I'm from Massachusetts. Nothing really happens here much. I get interested by stuff outside the state. The only stuff remotely good about MA is out in the Birkshires.
All Amish go through a year or so where they do not practice amish. They get to do anything they want as far as culture, elctricity, cities, health care, etc... Then they choose if they want to continue or go back to being Amish. I think its pretty cool that they get to decide if its the lifestyle they want to live, a lot of people would benefit from spending time in other people shoes.