I'm looking for some information/suggestions from you Guitar/Amp/Effects users and experts. I recently went to GC back in March to take advantage of their Green Tag Sale. I treated myself to a new Gibson Les Paul Classic and the 'New' 75W Spider Jam. For the longest time I've been laboring over which amp to buy. I was considering Fender FM series, Marshall MG series 50W, Vox 30W Valvetronix, and the Line 6 Spider III series of amps. I sold my '75 Les Paul Deluxe app 15 years ago and have been kicking myself in the butt for the longest time. So I took advantage of GC's sale and purchased the equipment listed above. After reading about and hearing various effects at the stores last weekend, now I've been thinking about returning the Line 6 Spider Jam, since I'll be waiting some time for my 'backordered' Les Paul. I'm a home-player and will not be playing out much. QUESTION: If I purchase additional outboard effects to use with my Les Paul, which Type/Manufacturer of amps would you recommend. I would REALLY APPRECIATE your input and advice on this. MANY 'Thanks' for listening!
Every one of those amps you are considering are ****. Could you please give some insight on budget, genres, etc?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I enjoy/play mostly Classic Rock and Prog Rock of the 60s and 70s. Enjoy Genesis/Steve Hackett, Pink Floyd, Strawbs, Dregs/Steve Morse, Roxy Music/Phil Manzanera, ELO, ELP and the list goes on. Also Classic/Standard Rock such as CCR, Byrds, CSNY, Beatles, etc. I'm willing to spend app $500 or so. I really don't need anything too powerful because I'll be playing at home in the basement, but maybe have a few get-togethers with my brother in law, etc. I don't need to have a huge amp. If I can keep it off the floor, that would be a good thing. I'm also VERY interested in using the amp with possibly a Boss GT-8 or one of the Digitech devices. MANY THANKS for your time and expertise!
Quote by Sonicxlover
Every one of those amps you are considering are ****. Could you please give some insight on budget, genres, etc?

+1

Why are you considering playing a Gibson through any of those crap amps. Have you ever heard of a valve amp?
You should have spent 3/4 of your cash on an amp instead of a guitar.
You should have gotten like an Epiphone LP and a real nice amp. Maybe a JCM800 combo?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Raydeeo
I enjoy/play mostly Classic Rock and Prog Rock of the 60s and 70s. Enjoy Genesis/Steve Hackett, Pink Floyd, Strawbs, Dregs/Steve Morse, Roxy Music/Phil Manzanera, ELO, ELP and the list goes on. Also Classic/Standard Rock such as CCR, Byrds, CSNY, Beatles, etc. I'm willing to spend app $500 or so. I really don't need anything too powerful because I'll be playing at home in the basement, but maybe have a few get-togethers with my brother in law, etc. I don't need to have a huge amp. If I can keep it off the floor, that would be a good thing. I'm also VERY interested in using the amp with possibly a Boss GT-8 or one of the Digitech devices. MANY THANKS for your time and expertise!

Well something like a Fender Blues Junior or Epiphone Blues Custom would suit you quite well. But I'd look into a used Fender Deluxe Reverb or Vox AC15 before any of those although they cost more. Don't worry about effects until you get a decent amp. Do this and you won't be wasting your Les Paul.
get a crate gtd series my uncle and i have one

hes been playing for like 30 years and he loves it

and dont let everyone tell u there ****e cuz there not

there just not tube amps and any would say that on here because its the internetz
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
I spent the $$$ on the Gibson LP Classic because I decided to get back into playing an electric guitar and felt I deserved a GOOD one. It also an investment. I'll be the only one playing it, so I'll take good care of it. I'm ONLY playing at home and felt I didn't need a big amp. OK...Now I just put the Spider Jam back in the box and decided to return it this week before the 30/30 period is up. NOW...What do you guys recommend?...Fender, Marshall, Vox Valvetronix. Maybe a 50W or so? I'm GLAD I started this thread. MANY THANKS for the discussion and your input, guys!
5 watt tube all the way! get like a blackheart combo/mini stack for $270/$300 respectively.

then buy an OD pedal and you're set for rockin an rollin'!!!

that's my advice since ur playin at home only and dont need much power. and it sounds pretty marshall-y.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by Raydeeo
I spent the $$$ on the Gibson LP Classic because I decided to get back into playing an electric guitar and felt I deserved a GOOD one. It also an investment. I'll be the only one playing it, so I'll take good care of it. I'm ONLY playing at home and felt I didn't need a big amp. OK...Now I just put the Spider Jam back in the box and decided to return it this week before the 30/30 period is up. NOW...What do you guys recommend?...Fender, Marshall, Vox Valvetronix. Maybe a 50W or so? I'm GLAD I started this thread. MANY THANKS for the discussion and your input, guys!

NONE of those amps. Peavey Classic 30 ftw! Or take that guitar back and get something of the same quality at a much lower price like an Epiphone Elitist. Then you can spend more on a nice amp instead of MGs, Frontmans, and Spiders.
Peavey Classic FTW!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i would also vouch for the peavey classic 30... fantastic amp...

also the crate V-18 combos are great and not as loud but have a good british character to them
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158