Im thinking of selling my valveking sometime this year and Im wondering If I make up the difference to around £500,what would be some good options?
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2T Dinky
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Antares 12 String Acoustic
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
By halfstack you mean... tube combo?

I dunno, a JCM800 combo?
If you must go the halfstack route, get the Peavey Windsor head but with a good cab.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
By halfstack you mean... tube combo?

I dunno, a JCM800 combo?
If you must go the halfstack route, get the Peavey Windsor head but with a good cab.

To be honest I'm not sure on the Windsor because from what I've seen it's a bit limited and can't clean up too good (though the crunch it can get is pretty nice for the pricetag).
I own a Marshall MGHDFX100 with MG412 cab and they run $600 (aprox. £300.9). Its insanely powerful and i think its perfect. its a little bit smaller than a normal half or full stack (you can buy a flat or slant MG412 cab) but its still loud and amazing. I HIGHLY suggest you buy it especially if you're playing you KH-202 thru it. the EMGs will sound brilliant.
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Quote by Johansensan
I own a Marshall MGHDFX100 with MG412 cab and they run $600 (aprox. £300.9). Its insanely powerful and i think its perfect. its a little bit smaller than a normal half or full stack (you can buy a flat or slant MG412 cab) but its still loud and amazing. I HIGHLY suggest you buy it especially if you're playing you KH-202 thru it. the EMGs will sound brilliant.

Ohh god.... please say that's sarcasm?
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Quote by Johansensan

fail

TS - there's nothing worth looking at in your price range, stick with combos.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Johansensan

Either you're a troll, or you're an idiot. Either way, stop.

Anyway, TS, it's hard to give you a suggestion if you don't tell us what genre you're looking to play.
Quote by Johansensan

Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Johansensan

I used to own a MGHDFX100 half stack but I sold it,now I jus use MG's for practice amps,thats cool if you like em but theyre not my thing(especially not as a main amp)
Yeah I was thinking bout both the windsor and especially the JCM(this was the first that came to mind).
Do you think it would be worth getting a combo instead? Are they as good sound quality as a half stack(I thought getting a seperate cab wuld give a better sound,but tbf I dont know a lot!)

Also replying to the guy above I play mainly metal but Id like an amp thats versatile,I dont need an extreme metal setting built into my amp I could use my MT-2 If I wanted that,so Im edging more towards a JCM because thats nearer to the kind of music I play a lot of(which is mainly megadeth).

Im open to suggestions though so keep em coming
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2T Dinky
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Antares 12 String Acoustic
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2