Any movie maker experts??

Im making this video thing on windows movie maker which contains pictures, video and music, im wondering if anyone knows how to stop the music playing whist the video is playing? because the video has sound.

Thanks
^Mute the music. Or put the video track on solo. I haven't used WMP in a while, but I use Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 now and I'm pretty sure it's a basic tool on WMP...But that's only if you WANT the sound in the finished product, because you can just change it in the end...Or if you don't want those sounds at all delete the audio track they're on. right click on the track off the sound, click delete track or audio track. Let me know if that helps...I'm answering from memory...I don't have it on my computer at home.
[ takes ][ makes ][ he's ] your fuck[ be strong ][ hate ] maroon 5. It's [[ fucking ]] pantera.
go to the end of the clip and there should be an arrow on the side of the clup, drag it to where you want the music to stop
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
Quote by Guitar_picker36
Any movie maker experts??

Im making this video thing on windows movie maker which contains pictures, video and music, im wondering if anyone knows how to stop the music playing whist the video is playing? because the video has sound.

Thanks

Stop the music while the video is playing? There should be a bar at the bottom (the time line) and everything audio should be in the audio track. The you can split it and mute it while over the video and however you want to do it.
Quote by This_Love
^Mute the music. Or put the video track on solo. I haven't used WMP in a while, but I use Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 now and I'm pretty sure it's a basic tool on WMP...But that's only if you WANT the sound in the finished product, because you can just change it in the end...Or if you don't want those sounds at all delete the audio track they're on. right click on the track off the sound, click delete track or audio track. Let me know if that helps...I'm answering from memory...I don't have it on my computer at home.

Hehe im new to Windows Movie Maker so i dont really get how to do anything, but basicaly ive got pictures playing right? with music track at the same time...and inbetween some of the pictures ive got video clips, but you cant hear them cos of the track i have playing over them, so what i want to do is cut or mute just a part of the song just whist its going over the video. Do you know how i mean?...sorry if youve already explained but im still not really sure how to work it. lol

thanks
Quote by SBLAKELEY
go to the end of the clip and there should be an arrow on the side of the clup, drag it to where you want the music to stop

Ah yea but that kinda stops the song doesnt it..i want it to carry on after the video has played
Quote by dogismycopilot
Stop the music while the video is playing? There should be a bar at the bottom (the time line) and everything audio should be in the audio track. The you can split it and mute it while over the video and however you want to do it.

Yes!! thanks exactly what i want to do...but i cant cos it only gives me a mute option and that seems to mute the whole song lol
Do what the guy above me says.

You know how to make the song you have playing longer and shorter right? Just drag the ends of the clip one way or another and it becomes longer or shorter. Just do that when the video isnt playing anything.

You will end up (if you have lots of pics and video) with a lot of tiny parts to a song.
to split it there is a button under the preview window where it shows the video playing
Quote by closertofreewil

add me
Quote by SBLAKELEY
to split it there is a button under the preview window where it shows the video playing

Yea over on the right. That should be it.
^Ok...

Right click the song, click copy.
Go to the end of the song, drag the song back so it goes where you want it to stop. (before the audio for the video track.)
so now it should go music...audio for video, no audio.
now paste the song after the audio for the video.
drag the front of the pasted song to where the song stopped before the video audio cut in.
now it should go song, audio, finishing song.

Is that what you wanted? I could help you if you were showing me what you want....I just really am trying to remember WMP...lol
[ takes ][ makes ][ he's ] your fuck[ be strong ][ hate ] maroon 5. It's [[ fucking ]] pantera.
Quote by dogismycopilot
Yea over on the right. That should be it.

be sure to click on the audio track first, or it will split the video too
Quote by closertofreewil

add me
Quote by SBLAKELEY

or you could do that. lol I forgot about the split button.
Always remember you have an UNDO button. lol It's always helpful.
Quote by This_Love
or you could do that. lol I forgot about the split button.

Quote by closertofreewil

add me
use windows vegas

/thread
Quote by Pilots
Discrepancy: While at 110 KIAS and 35 deg AOB with full right pedal, trims would not keep helicopter in correct Outer roll loop.

Corrective action:
Could not duplicate on ground. 11A799. NPPC
^For real, Vegas Pro 8.0 is super expensive but best for making videos/movies. I'm starting to be like an expert at it...but I'm just using the 30 day trial... =(