I am looking for a good reliable tube amp for band practice that isn't too expensive. To give you an impression of the prices, a Roland Cube 30x is for 280 USD where I live.

THX
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Lets say 350USD.

EDIT: But remember don't suggest an amp that is for 350USD in the US, take the CUBE's price into account.

Last edited by breakstuff at Apr 6, 2008,
Quote by breakstuff
Lets say 350USD.

A Peavey Windsor Studio would probably be good, as long as you don't really need a full- fledged clean channel.

Otherwise, I'd get a Valveking 112. Not as great as other amps in the price range tone- wise, but it's loud.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
A Peavey Windsor Studio would probably be good, as long as you don't really need a full- fledged clean channel.

Otherwise, I'd get a Valveking 112. Not as great as other amps in the price range tone- wise, but it's loud.

I don't need something that is too loud, just good enough for band practice (there are 2guitars in the band) I really care for the tone, I play Megadeth/Metallica style music.

Also what is wrong with the Peavey's clean channel?

Quote by breakstuff
I don't need something that is too loud, just good enough for band practice (there are 2guitars in the band) I really care for the tone, I play Megadeth/Metallica style music.

Also what is wrong with the Peavey's clean channel?

It doesn't exist. You can get a clean sound out of it by lowering the preamp volume and using the master volume, but it won't get extremely loud, and it'll still sound a little bit dirty.
Try getting a used B-52!!!
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
What's the make of the B52?

Quote by breakstuff
What's the make of the B52?

B-52 is the make! What music are you playing? A Crate V18 sounds like a good idea for anything other than metal, but obviously a pedal will help with that.
I play Thrash metal.

a crate RFX30 is what i use for band practice.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-RFX30-Combo-?sku=487831

it's got decent volume and tone, and some cool effects on it. it's a solid state amp.

maybe not the best choice for your type of music but you could make it work and it's relatively cheap.

EDIT: you could buy a good pedal for thrash and hook it up to this amp since you play that type of music.

hope this helps.
If you play Thrash then a Peavey Valveking or Windsor Studio would be the best option.