The head is an Ibanez TBX150H and im wondering what would be a good cabinet to go with the head?

No higher cost than $400 american please.

Idk much about cabinets so thats why I came to UG for some help
Call me Trey.
If you're buying that amp, you obviously don't know much about heads either.

If you're willing to spend $680 total on an amp, have the decency to get a tube combo.
to be honest, a $400 cab will not make much of a difference with that head. If you can go used look for a cab with celestion of eminence speakers. Just don't expect a great sounding cab for 400 bucks. I would personally go for an avatar cab, only because you can get high end speakers and a solid built cab for a lot cheaper than any name brand cab you will find at guitar center.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
If you're buying that amp, you obviously don't know much about heads either.

If you're willing to spend $680 total on an amp, have the decency to get a tube combo.

Well ive tried it, and liked the tone for the price.
Thanks for your opinion though.
Call me Trey.
Quote by Mudvayne_LP
Well ive tried it, and liked the tone for the price.
Thanks for your opinion though.

honestly were just trying to help you make a better purchase. get a tube combo with the money you have. there are such better amps in that price range.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Refer to my sig. There are much better amps for the price. $700 will get you a very nice amp. In its own right, not just when compared to the TBX. You can get a nice valve amp for that, and very nice ones used if you hunt around.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

he already bought the amp guys, he's stuck with it so mine as well make the best out of it. Go for an avatar cab pick the speakers you like according to the music style you play.
Quote by xmercyme21x
he already bought the amp guys, he's stuck with it so mine as well make the best out of it. Go for an avatar cab pick the speakers you like according to the music style you play.

He never said anything about already having bought it.

Anyway, threadstarter, do me a favor and try out some Mesas, a Pevey 6505, even an a Randall RG50TC, then tell me if you'd prefer a toneblaster half stack.
^Except that a Mesa head alone is 2 to 3 times the cost of the entire toneblaster stack. Not everyone has the money for such gear.

Tube amps aren't the answer to everything guys. SS amps have their place too. For hard rock and metal tones, with a low budget, in all honesty, I'd rather take a high gain SS than a low gain tube amp and try to get a heavy tone out of it. Never been a fan of high gain tones coming from pedals.

To each his own though.

Thread starter...I'd recommend avatarspeakers.com . GREAT products for the price, and you get to choose your speakers. V30s are usually the standard. If you're looking into a 2x12, I will more than likely be parting with mine soon, so PM me. Otherwise, Dave at avatar will take care of you!
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
^Except that a Mesa head alone is 2 to 3 times the cost of the entire toneblaster stack. Not everyone has the money for such gear.

Used Mesa F30 combos are around $500- 600. Less than he's spending on the head + cab.

5150 combos can go for around the same price, as well.
i got my 5150 combo on craigslist for $500, perfect condition with brand new tubes.
the deals are out there man.
ive seen mesa F30's for around that price too.
so if you haven't already bought the head, go with a tube combo.
chances are you dont need 150 watts.
otherwise i'd also recomend vader cabinets.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I have the tbx150h and I use the Marshall MC412 cab. I think it sounds great for metal, but anything less than metal I would probably use my Fender combo.
stop bumping old threads!

*reported*
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
dude... 9 months ago.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure