so i bough an epi lp a while back, and i play with it pretty low, so occasionally the strap would slip out of the button by the neck. so i bought straplocks. the only problem is, the straplock is pulled on just like the strap was. and of course, eventually, it fails. and now my epi has a cracked neck. but i'm not so pissed about that, cuz now i've got a gibson lp. yay! anyway, what should i do to avoid this mistake again? is there a specific straplock i should get for it? any recommendations? btw, the last one i had was a dunlop. or should i just buy some huge ass strap buttons and forget the straplock?
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
schallers

i feel comfortable with them on my jazz

btw kudos for having the forsight and not waiting til your guitar fell before buying them

also, how the hell did it break?!?!
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
it didn't break, it just decided to slip out. i was pissed cuz i shouldve seen it coming, it always felt a little clicky snappy thing when it got pulled on the wrong direction.
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
I'm in love with my Dimarzio Cliplocks. They don't come in any cool designs or anything, but they're incredibly sturdy, and you can take the strap off quickly if you need to.
i honestly prefer dunlop strap locks. i think schaller are absolute trash. the guys at the two music stores that i frequent must not know anything about them, because they both keep telling me that dunlop and shaller and are the same thing. tards.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
I use fender's strap loks which is made by schallers. It's a horseshoe shaped things with the locks in the middle. You pull on the pins to unlock 'em.

Those with ball bearings I don't trust. Push the button and it easily come off. Right, too easy.
Your Dunlop straplok fell off because you didnt make sure it locked, you have to pull on it and jerk it around to make 100% sure its locked, I have a Dunlop straplok and a Dunlop Red Monkey Refugee Leather Strap and no problems at all!!!
I use schallers, they seem to work pretty well, they haven't slipped off yet.

CaRveItiNbass, how exactly are schallers complete trash? I have heard nothing but good reviews about them.
Peavey 6505+
Marshall Jcm-900 Lead 1960 cab
Jackson USA RR1 w/SD blackouts
Jackson Dominion w/SD Distortion
Jackson SLS3 w/SD blackouts
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
yeah i'm pretty sure i'll go with the schaller, because they actually fit around and underneath the button, so they'll hold even if the lock fails.
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
I just bought a planet wave locking strap. Never fell off and never had to install anything.
Quote by jhjps
yeah i'm pretty sure i'll go with the schaller, because they actually fit around and underneath the button, so they'll hold even if the lock fails.

That's the point. The stress is not on the locks.
I have used the same thing for twenty plus years. Go to a hardware store and buy two 1/2 inch rubber washers. Put your strap on and put the rubber washers over the strap. Have never lost a guitar or bass. And they cost maybe a buck.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd