Would a rat distortion pedal work with a bass? I have a squire precision bass. Thanks in advance.
I don't see why not. But do yourself a favor and get a better bass guitar.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
There's no reason why it shouldn't work. I could probably plug my keyboard into one if I wanted to.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Thanks for the replies I was asking because I have a rat for my guitar.
It'll work fine.
The tone might suck ass, but it'll work.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
You should get a bass distortion pedal. It'll sound better than a guitar distortion.
I never understood why you need a different pedal. I mean all it does is saturate harmonics. Harmonics are harmonics whether on a bass, a guitar, a violin, or a trumpet. All my Distortion plugins work on anything I plug them into. What's up with specific pedals?
Quote by MastaBassist10
I never understood why you need a different pedal. I mean all it does is saturate harmonics. Harmonics are harmonics whether on a bass, a guitar, a violin, or a trumpet. All my Distortion plugins work on anything I plug them into. What's up with specific pedals?

I dunno. But whenever I've tried playing my bass through my guitarist's pedals, it hasn't sounded as good as when it's through a pedal made for bass.
Quote by MastaBassist10

Because often guitar distortion pedals remove the fundamental of a bass note. This can either be on purpose, to stop guitars sounding too muddy, or though the clipping drastically reducing the present of the fundamental.

I mean, a guitar specific distortion will work on a bass range signal, it wil just drastically reduce the low end presnence.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Because often guitar distortion pedals remove the fundamental of a bass note. This can either be on purpose, to stop guitars sounding too muddy, or though the clipping drastically reducing the present of the fundamental.

I mean, a guitar specific distortion will work on a bass range signal, it wil just drastically reduce the low end presnence.

Oh ok, that makes sense, thanks man. *writes it down in his big book of production*
Watch out, distortion can mess up your amp. I just had tweeter overheat in my amp. Beware, bass gear isn't built to handle guitar pedal sounds, and vice versa.
Quote by swarming_flies
Watch out, distortion can mess up your amp. I just had tweeter overheat in my amp. Beware, bass gear isn't built to handle guitar pedal sounds, and vice versa.

Oh, 101% of guitar distortions have a tonal rolloff past a very high low-end frequency so that guitar distortions don't get too muddy (and 40Hz on guitar doesn't exist). Guitar distortions are basically high-pass filters.

As is your RAT. Your tone will suck. You'll sound like Cliff Burton. Harsh tone (since bass speakers have tweeters) with no low-end.

But, with the RAT, feel free to crank it on your guitar amp!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Good thing I bought the pedal from the same people who handle the warranty for my amp. I bet they feel pretty stupid.
i bought a slash wah und it gave me an adequete distortion with my bass, you should get one specifically for bass...