The most customizable, without being overly complicated. Also, what could be a good size for a partition for it. I don't plan to run everything on it, but only to experiment.

Thanks.

PS If there's an only thread in which this belongs, I'll move this there.
Gentoo Linux is the most customizable. You can fine tune everything from the desktop down to the kernel.

For the end-user, though, the only customizing you really care about it the graphical desktop. In that case every Linux distribution is equally customizable, because they all use an independent desktop system. Be it KDE, Gnome, XFce, or a window manage like Fluxbox.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Download Ubuntu it's supposed to be the easiest to use.
There a re lots of guides to dual-boot.
For the partition 20 gb, would be all right.
This one

This is all you need to know if you "just want to experiment". It lets you install Ubuntu to a virtual partition (which is seen in Windows as a file), lets you dual boot Win and Linux and it can be removed in Windows "Add/Remove Programs" in control panel.

Aside from using a Live CD, this is the easiest way to use Linux.

EDIT: It recommends 8GB+
Quote by Muphin
Gentoo Linux is the most customizable. You can fine tune everything from the desktop down to the kernel.

For the end-user, though, the only customizing you really care about it the graphical desktop. In that case every Linux distribution is equally customizable, because they all use an independent desktop system. Be it KDE, Gnome, XFce, or a window manage like Fluxbox.

I should've mentioned that I'm not interested in the 'nerdy' stuff, if you will. Just graphical. I'm going to check out all of the aforementioned distributions.

Quote by saphrax
This one

This is all you need to know if you "just want to experiment". It lets you install Ubuntu to a virtual partition (which is seen in Windows as a file), lets you dual boot Win and Linux and it can be removed in Windows "Add/Remove Programs" in control panel.

Aside from using a Live CD, this is the easiest way to use Linux.

EDIT: It recommends 8GB+

Not quite what I'm looking for. Only reason is because I've tried Ubuntu, and it's ok but not quite what I need.
If you don't like Ubuntu, then try Mandriva. I like Ubuntu better, but Mandriva is a close second.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by Thornography
I should've mentioned that I'm not interested in the 'nerdy' stuff, if you will. Just graphical. I'm going to check out all of the aforementioned distributions.

Not quite what I'm looking for. Only reason is because I've tried Ubuntu, and it's ok but not quite what I need.

Fair do. Maybe you should put that in first post, as you will get a lot of Ubuntu here...
I would say ubuntu. very easy to install it, and the programs too. you can costumize it (graphicly) very easly too
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~