im gonna be buying a new amp soon and wanted to know wat u guys would recommend. thanks
Price range?
Playing style?
Location?
Desired tones?
What you've been looking at so far?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by jxljxl
Price range?
Playing style?
Location?
Desired tones?
What you've been looking at so far?

In other words, we recommend you give some specifics so we can better help you.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
nothing above 600. i play metal, rock, and hard rock. i live in pa. i like metallica/ac/dc/iron maiden tones. i havent really been lookin at anything so far
Well, if he lives in PA I'm pretty sure he's going to be using American currency. It wouldn't make sense to be using Euros or whatever if he's in America.

Peavey ValveKing. It's a good entry-level tube amp. Definitely check it out at a music store near you.

Look used, too. There are a lot of good amps out there that are expensive, but you can get cheaper used. It might have a few scratches, but it's an amp. The amp doesn't need to look beautiful, it needs to sound beautiful.

Marshall is another good company to look at. I don't think there's too much from Marshall worth looking at with 600. There is the MG series, but stay away from them. I haven't found a single serious guitar player with too many good things to say about it. Especially with a price tag of over 200.

Crate and Randall are also some good companies to take a look at. What you'll get from them is mostly solid-state stuff, which doesn't sound as good as a tube amp, but it will get the job done.

If you want good cleans, get a Fender, and a distortion pedal. I've got a Blues Jr. and with a distortion I can play anything. Only take that road if you use cleans a lot. If you get a crappy amp, you probably won't use the cleans because they suck.

EDIT: I'm not saying that all solid-states sound bad. There are some good solid-states out there. But it's just that tubes are generally better. And louder. My 15W Fender with tubes is a lot louder than any 15W solid-state I've ever seen.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90