so i have been playing guitar for 10 months now, and i have a nice 1983 fender stratocaster, but im not convinced that i am keeping up with what a normal 10-year-monthed-guitar-player should be playing. so my question is, what should i be playing with 10 months?

merci
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Open Chords, Pentatonic Scale, Major Scale, Bar Chords, Triads and you should have a knowledge of basic music theory.

thanks. and what about songs? which song should i be able to fully play by this time?
that depends on you ive been playing for nine months and about two weeks ago tought myself fade to black in 2 days so
Quote by F8iscruel
that depends on you ive been playing for nine months and about two weeks ago tought myself fade to black in 2 days so

the whole thing?!!
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Write a easier solo in the same key for you to play.

thanks
i now officialy i am in love with UG
enter sandmans solo isnt that hard thats when they dulled it down a little bit it just sounds hard get powertab and look at the solo its really the wqah pedal that makes it diffucult
parinoid by Black Sabbath is one you should try if you dont know it.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by jwax
parinoid by Black Sabbath is one you should try if you dont know it.

yeah i got that one down
oh hmmn howabout aint talkin bout love by Van Halen or whole lotta love by Led Zeppelin?
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Time means nothing. What matters is the quality of your practice.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.