Hey guys, getting paid in about a week here, and when I do it's off to GC to pick up my gear, and then ordering my amp online. Would just like some input on my selections thus far. I will be playing mostly harder rock and metal on this set because I already have fine gear for blues/alt/grunge as it is.

Amp: BH5 Little Giant
Guitar: Ibanez RG321
Pedal: Digitech Bad Monkey OD

Any comments? concerns? Anything better for the money I could be missing? Anything I'm just flat out missing? Any comments would be appreciated.
tube overdrive not just overdrive, look b4 u post neways that looks like some ok begginer/intermediet gear
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
why do u want just a 5W amp:s u could probly go a little bit bigger for price. but if 5w is all u want it will probly do the job
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by MacAdam
why do u want just a 5W amp:s u could probly go a little bit bigger for price. but if 5w is all u want it will probly do the job

its 5 tube watts, so its fine for small stuff and practice
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
The little giant looks great, but if you could go for more, even just for 15 watts, I would. The pedal's decent, good for the price. I don't like the guitar, it doesn't hold tuning that well. I'd go for an Epi Les Paul, I have the Standard and I love it. And even though I own none of those, my friend has the 321, I've spent a while playing the OD, and I have a 5 watt tube amp, so I know what I'm talking about.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Save up a bit more, get an s320 or something similar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yeah, save up and get a better Ibanez.

Besides that your pretty much golden.
Colors by Between the Buried and Me is the Best album ever
I have a higher budget for the guitar, but I was told in another post that the 321 was a great guitar considering I would prefer to keep the FR out of the equation.
Quote by mydogpoops
The little giant looks great, but if you could go for more, even just for 15 watts, I would. The pedal's decent, good for the price. I don't like the guitar, it doesn't hold tuning that well. I'd go for an Epi Les Paul, I have the Standard and I love it. And even though I own none of those, my friend has the 321, I've spent a while playing the OD, and I have a 5 watt tube amp, so I know what I'm talking about.

I've got the rg321 and it stays in tune just fine using d'addario strings
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by JackWhite333
The amp looks great, and so does the pedal.
In stead of that Ibanez, I would get this one:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GRG170DX-Electric-Guitar-512496-i1147802.gc
It is slighty cheaper, and I have heard much better things about this one.

One thing that I learned is that cheap guitar's tremolo/whammy system are all crap. You'll have to go over $500 to get one that actually can hold tune.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by JackWhite333
The amp looks great, and so does the pedal.
In stead of that Ibanez, I would get this one:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GRG170DX-Electric-Guitar-512496-i1147802.gc
It is slighty cheaper, and I have heard much better things about this one.

Im sorry but there is no way this has anything over the 321. The 321 is a far better instrument.
Quote by Chinfrim
Sadly we have not shotguns and go around saying "Get Out of Mah Propertay!!"
Great choices all around! I think 5W in a tube amp is great for practice and small gigs. If you're playing large venues consider something larger or mike the amp.

d-axenut
What about the RG2EX1?
20 bucks more
But it depends on what you intend to play
How are the pups compared to the RG321? The neck is the same, and its hardtail so it looks good so far, the only difference I can see is the pups.
God, I've never seen so much bollocks advice on one page....

The 321's fine, and yes hardtail is indeed extremely sensible on a guitar of that price. For the money you won't do better. I believe the EX1 was a short run of low-end RGs with EMG designed passives, utter waste of time in my opinion. The 321 has generic Ibanez ceramic humbuckers, which I've found to be pretty good on most of their guitars, a little muddy on occasion but not bad.

On the whole you've got the makings of a good hard rock practice rig there. If the Bad Monkey turns out not to be gainy enough, try a Rat.
The RG321 is widely recognized as one of the best value Ibanez guitars of all for entry level players and intermediates alike, especially if you're not looking for a tremolo. I cannot for the life of me fathom why anyone would recommend a Gio RG over the 321.