Does anyone know of any good Metal amps with good high gain and crunch channel. I'm on a budget of about 900 dollars, and I've already learned to steer clear of MG, Spider III, and Bugera. I also need one with a smooth clean channel for jazz and funk oriented music. I also don't desire a combo amp, i would prefer a fairly big half stack.

Any ideas anyone?
Unless you're gigging really big venues you may wanna reconsider that no combo amp thing, especially in a bang-for-the-buck sense...but a Peavey Valveking or a used Randall of some sort would get the metal and high gain stuff. Dunno about the cleans on those though...
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
Quote by Dazed/Confused
Unless you're gigging really big venues you may wanna reconsider that no combo amp thing, especially in a bang-for-the-buck sense...but a Peavey Valveking or a used Randall of some sort would get the metal and high gain stuff. Dunno about the cleans on those though...
+1
You'd probably get much better value for a tube combo.
I'd strongly recommend an ENGL Screamer.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by Dazed/Confused

Ah. I just don't like the look of combos. I might just get one, but combos don't get very big.
A used Marshall JCM 900?
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Quote by JazzMessiah
Ah. I just don't like the look of combos. I might just get one, but combos don't get very big.

But they sound very big, and in many cases better (if they're tube) for the price.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
But they sound very big, and in many cases better (if they're tube) for the price.

I'm just very stubborn. What about a Crate Flexwave?