Page 1 of 2
Since Henry´s an uber dangerous p0nx, I think it´s appropriate to talk about his spoken word here. I downloaded all his spoken word albums, and I think they´re all great (at least the funny ones). What do you guys think?
They're easily the best things he does.

I'm 2-3 CDs short of having all of them.

I listen to them religiously on road trips when the sun goes down.

I love the way he will be telling one main story, but branch off into a completely unrelated story for 13-20 minutes before changing back to the story he was originally telling.

Plus he can talk for three straight hours without people hating his guts. Thats talent.
I bought "Henry Rollins: Live in the Conversational Pit" a long time ago. It is the biggest pile of **** I've ever bought. It's pretty bad; I didn't even finish watching the whole thing.

I do enjoy watching some of his stand up stuff on youtube though.
I saw him on his Provoked tour and I must say, his performance was better than any band I've ever seen.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
I like the youtube video of his letter to ann coulter. so funny. and true.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
I like Black Flag but I haven't listened to any of his spoken albums. Is it just like, him saying whatever he feels like saying? What's a good one to start off with?
Quote by Delanoir
Live at Luna Park is great,

he's a great comedian, actually.

He's funny, but he isn't a comedian!
I really don't think I'll be seeing him at Yuk Yuk's anytime soon.
henry rollins is definitely one of the people i look up to. he can do anything. music, movies, comedy, talk shows. if only tim armstrong had abilities like him...
I had only seen his stuff on youtube, so I decided to download one of his albums. I found Live at the Westbeth Theater and it is amazing. I am definitely buying all of his albums.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I had only seen his stuff on youtube, so I decided to download one of his albums. I found Live at the Westbeth Theater and it is amazing. I am definitely buying all of his albums.

Live at the Westbeth was my first Hank experience...

Be forewarned though...

Talk is Cheap vol 1 has about 20 minutes of material that is basically the same thing as "Mars Needs Aryans" only expanded alittle.

But it won't matter as long as you don't listen to the two back to back plus Vol 1 is very very good even with the repeat material.

It's one of his best.
Henry is a great speaker. I find him thoroughly enjoyable. I would rate it second to his work with Black Flag, but before his work with the Rollins Band.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
I saw him in Toronto last Fall. he's extremely charismatic and funny to see live, so i'd really recommend it.
WHAT WE WANT IS FREE
Quote by original=punk
He's funny, but he isn't a comedian!
I really don't think I'll be seeing him at Yuk Yuk's anytime soon.

I compare him to George Carlin's current material. He doesn't intend it to be funny, but his personality makes it funny.
Quote by pinheadslts75
I compare him to George Carlin's current material. He doesn't intend it to be funny, but his personality makes it funny.

i saw one of calrin's recent standups the other day, he gets up on the stage and the first thing he says is "**** Lance Armstrong." hilarious.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I saw him a year or so ago here. He was great, the story about the Siberian train ride was particularly gut-splitting.
no
Quote by bucky_2300
I saw him a year or so ago here. He was great, the story about the Siberian train ride was particularly gut-splitting.

Henry this is the voice in about 30 seconds your body is going to have a severe reaction to what you ate

or something like that
I made it a life goal to ride the trans siberian express after that story.

Flights to Moscow are expensive...
I paid about that much last time.

The show was fabulous. And I got to eat a Gyro with my cousin who was standing outside some goverment building across from the capital even though he was supposed to be in Buffalo.

That part probably doesn't come with ticket price.

But yeah. It's worth it. The dude will go three solid hours without stopping.
I love his comedic kind of stuff and where he just gets up there and tells stories. The tapes with him recording his journal entries about when he was in Black Flag are really good too. His poetry is okay. I love the poem called "Brick".
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
If I can find someone to come with, I am most likely seeing him on Halloween.

TRANSLATION: If you see a 5'2" female dressed as the Green Giant ... don't be alarmed.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
I want to see him when he comes here. I don't think I'll be able to find somebody to go with me though.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I went by myself when I saw him

But it only cost me ten bucks, 'cause some guy sold me an extra ticket he bought before hand. So it was s'all good.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
I got the ideo for my I hate bitches song from his spoken word about alligators.
two and a half men.
Quote by DanRev
I think he's a bit of a cunt personally.

thettle down burly bear!
two and a half men.
Quote by Cameronrobson
thettle down burly bear!

Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Exactly he should stick to saying fuck a load of times when talking about Bush or something completely original like that.
Page 1 of 2