I want a new guitar because I have this really sad Epiphone Junior that refuses to stay in tune. I am fairly new at electric guitar, and would really like a good solid guitar that I could hold onto for a few years. I have a $350 budget. Any suggestions? I like metal mostly.
i got a schecter omen 6 off ebay for only $150
they are around $300 new i think.
i love mine, ive tried other more expensive guitars and i still prefer this one.
schecter is definitely a good way to go in my opinion.
i love the ibanez necks.
but ive never been a fan of the stock pick-ups on the lower end ones.
just my preference though.
dont get a low end BC Rich though.
alright. I suspected as much. What about warlocks? Guitar Center has some Metal Master version...looked cool lol. Thoughts?
eh, i think the only thing you'll be impressed by is their looks.
otherwise, ive never really liked how any low end BC rich guitars sound.
i mean it wouldnt be terrible, but youd probably get sick of it and want to upgrade quickly and then you're just out $230.
you should buy something that you'd at least be happy with using a couple years while you learn.
but its all up to preference, id advise you got to guitar center and try some schecters and ibanezs.
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
i got a schecter omen 6 off ebay for only $150
they are around $300 new i think.
i love mine, ive tried other more expensive guitars and i still prefer this one.
schecter is definitely a good way to go in my opinion.

The Omen 6 is pretty good, it was my first electric, but it sounds pretty dark with the stock pickups. My roomate put EMG 81/85 into his and now it sounds amazing. If i had to get a new guitar for under $350 i would go for the Omen 6. You can't really go wrong with Schecter.
And a wise man once said:

"7 Strings are more brutal than 6"
Ah ok. I've been thinking about splurging and getting the Alexi Laiho ESP...yes, no?
Quote by third-eye
maybe buy yourself some locking tuners and save yourself a lot of money?

Because I want a new guitar and my cousin is gonna buy it from me for $100. The tuning problem is just an excuse for me to buy a new guitar
get an ESP, get one in the 200 series, they're not as expensive or as nice as the 400s but are pretty good
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Quote by Johansensan
get an ESP, get one in the 200 series, they're not as expensive or as nice as the 400s but are pretty good

Err, they are pretty good. You might find an used 400 in that price range.

Have you considered the g-400? There is one with EMGs.
the one with emgs is still around 500 though.
at least from what i've seen
or you could save up for the epiphone prophecy guitars
they are $550-$700 depending on what model you get, they look pretty nice.
still say the omen 6 though.
sounds killer through my 5150.
Quote by watkinsguy
Because I want a new guitar and my cousin is gonna buy it from me for $100. The tuning problem is just an excuse for me to buy a new guitar

Did you tell him it has a tuning problem?
And a wise man once said:

"7 Strings are more brutal than 6"