I'm a complete noob at this. This is the first string i've ever broken (high E) and I have NO idea where to go from here. I have the string off completely but what do I do next? (if possible make the instructions in the simplest form possible haha)

thanks guys so much!
if it is acoustic, not classical, it will most likely have stakes where you insert the string ball end. then you take the end without the ball and insert it in the hole of the tuning peg thing. some acoustics dont have stakes though, and you just put it through the hole of the bridge...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
how do I change them?? With minimal bloodshed if im carefull!!! lol

I would suggest going to a compitent music store, buy a new SET of strings and ask the guy at the counter if he could show you or explain the process to you. It will be easier then trying to read instructions from 15 different people telling you 15 different ways.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Last edited by telemonster at Apr 6, 2008,
I dont think its worth taking to a music store, they will probably just change them for you and charge you for it...just put the strings through like I said and then turn the knob, look it up on youtube there are a lot of vidieos of how to change strings...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by telemonster
how do I change them?? With minimal bloodshed if im carefull!!! lol

I would suggest going to a compitent music store, buy a new SET of strings and ask the guy at the counter if he could show you or explain the process to you. It will be easier then trying to read instructions from 15 different people telling you 15 different ways.

I second that. Getting an in-person lesson is better. They can walk you through it and all.
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
I second that. Getting an in-person lesson is better. They can walk you through it and all.

or he can see it and hear it on youtube
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Youtube doesn't answer your questions and give you a in-person explanation.

Also, when telling him what to do...you forgot the beautiful use of wrapping the string around the knob before just putting it through the hole in the tuning knob.
I didnt say it because I dont do it that way, you can do it like that or you can put it directly in leaving slack and then tightening the tuning peg...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
well try it with youtube, if you find that you cant, THEN go ask someone...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
thank you guys so much!! i did it ( i watched that youtube video) thank you!!

(ps i'm a chick not a dude haha)

<3
cool, good job!
Quote by RetroGunslinger