I finally got enough money to buy a bass cabinet, and I decided on a GK. (don't tell me how stupid I am, I like GK)

I want to buy the Gallien-Krueger 410BLX-II 4 x 10, but I heard it's sounds better on high notes than low, and I want good balance.

Is this statement true? Please help.
I would seriously look at some Ampeg gear. I know its rather expensive but I've found its just overall better than anything else I've played on.
the 410 is probably a better balance for both. if you want very good low ends id get a 115. btw most GK gear is great. i own some GK gear (look at my sig).
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
410s are missing that low end punch that only a 15" or bigger can provide. However, they have a fairly even response, in general, across the board. *tries incredibly hard to not comment on the poor quality craftsmanship of the GK Backline gear.* Woopsies.
Quote by funkbass369
the 410 is probably a better balance for both. if you want very good low ends id get a 115. btw most GK gear is great. i own some GK gear (look at my sig).

That's what I had heard about the 115...are the lows on the 410 like, disgusting?

Or are they just average?
the lows on a 410 aren't that bad but a 115 is better. im playing with just a 410 but i plan on adding a 115 later.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Alright, thanks for helping me out guys.

I'll probably go to Guitar Center and play both to see which I prefer...that way I can be as happy I can possibly be.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
410s are missing that low end punch that only a 15" or bigger can provide. However, they have a fairly even response, in general, across the board. *tries incredibly hard to not comment on the poor quality craftsmanship of the GK Backline gear.* Woopsies.

Jazzy is right on, here. the high-end GK's are great. *cough*not backline*cough*
i have not played through that cab, but some 4x10 cabs are better(Ampeg), than
others. let your ears decide, it may sound perfect for your sound requirements.
If you want a good balance, why not look at their 212 NEO cab?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
If you want a good balance, why not look at their 212 NEO cab?

I'm on a tight budget...I'm 15 years old and don't have a job...
Quote by DonWeaso
I'm on a tight budget...I'm 15 years old and don't have a job...

What about an Avatar 212 NEO?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
Jazzy is right on, here. the high-end GK's are great. *cough*not backline*cough*
i have not played through that cab, but some 4x10 cabs are better(Ampeg), than
others. let your ears decide, it may sound perfect for your sound requirements.

i didn't realize he said the backline series. my mistake haha. yeah i'd check out other stuff then the GK backline while your at guitar center as well.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Is the backline series a poor decision? I mean, I played on one before and loved it, but it was only really quick, so I didn't get to explore the cab.
Quote by thefitz
What about an Avatar 212 NEO?

As some of the regulars may have noticed, I have touted the merits of this cab in just about every thread involving cabs on this forum. It makes my average gear (GK BP250 head, okay, that's terrible, and my Geddy Lee Jazz) sound good. Actually, I mentioned this cab in the "Amps Lol" thread this very night! It sounds good, it's quality equipment, and it's cheap. What 15-year-old budget doesn't like the sound of that?
Avatar is great equipment and I suggest 2 212's if you can afford it or a 412 later on a great mix of lows and highs
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
the backline series is alright i guess but if you push the volume more than halfway then you get a distorted tone. so if you're gonna play with a band i'd look at other amps.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Apr 6, 2008,
Buy the 4x10 and just add a 1x15 later. That's the beauty of cabs, they're modular.
Tens are fine. It all depends on quality. You just can't run as much power with 'bass' punch through a ten as a fifteen. The ten will just start clipping sooner, but four tens defeats one fifteen IMO.