Alright, I bought my Mesa Roadster used on eBay a few months ago, and the dude played it for 3 1/2 years, he bought it new. The auction said the amp was used in his basement at low volumes, but I'm wondering if I'm going to be running a risk while gigging with my amp with 3.5 year old tubes?

I have a huge gig on May 10, I guess I would be pissed if something went wrong during that but after that I can afford to retube since it will be basically summer and I can start getting cash again.

Should I be worried? I've always, so has the previous owner, used it on the 50W setting.

Edit; and I for the few months I've had it, haven't pushed it, tops I've had it is output on 5 and master on 5. And I haven't had any problems.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Last edited by tr3nt at Apr 6, 2008,
yes, you should be worried...

you have aids.
(couldn't resist)

But no really, those tubes should still have some life in them, although you should probably keep some spares on hand anyway.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
i think it's always better to be safe than sorry. have a backup amp or if u really wanna be safe replace all the tubes with new ones.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
^^ Keep that **** in the pit buddy.

But the tubes will probably last, as long as he wasn't lieing to you.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
just have replacements on hand. you dont need to replace them until the blow
Gear:
Fender Deluxe American Fat Strat
Fender American Telecaster
Taylor 714ce
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 300
Macbook Pro
I can't have replacements until AFTER that big show, I don't have a chance to make cash.. I guess I'll have a replacement amp, a cranked Roland Cube 60, sitting right next to it, in case worse comes to worse I'll just turn it off, unplug and go through the 60 and continue the song.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

up..?

^ Steal your Valveking's Tubes for that one show to use as backups? You may not have enough tubes to retube your entire amp, but what are the chances of every last one of your tubes blowing?
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Second Guitar uses it

Oh man, I thought you'd got your girlfriend pregnant... but yeah, more than likely your amp will be fine. There are amps from the 60's and 70's that stille have the original tubes and work.