hey, i can solo really good according to what people have told me, i think im alright. what i cant seem to get though, is when u need to use pull offs and hammer ons and all that. i can play it, it just doesnt sound like the flow of notes its suposesd to. it pisses me off and it seems like the last thing that i really need to accomplish to really get into being a good player. is it just that i need practice, which i have ben doing, or somethin else? has anyone else ever had to go thru this?
meh
Practise practise practies. Do as many finger dexterity exercises as possible. Try and do all your scales only picking once per string over and over while practising.
After a while, you'll be able to thread some hammer-ons and pull offs without any problem.
A good one to practise would be the outro solo to Black Dog. Do the run picking only once per string.

Just practise really.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Practice your picking licks but use hammer ons/pull offs instead and you should notice a difference in sound, start out slow if you have to.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
if you like Iron Maiden, try Dave Murray's solo's. He uses mostly all Hammer ons and pulloff's, which i also use a lot now too, find it faster and more fun
LOL