Poll: Which one would you go for?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one would you go for?
Jaguar MIJ 62
9 47%
Jaguar Special HH
10 53%
Voters: 19.
I'm having a really hard time deciding between these two guitars:

|
Fender Jaguar HH . . . . . . Fender Jaguar 62 MIJ

I have 2 guitars, a Cort and a Tele, both with dual humbuckers, so I'm used to working with humbuckers. I play all kinds of rock but I tend towards more of the heavy and metally stuff.

I fell in love with the Jaguar the first time I set eyes on it and I've only got to try one once in a guitar shop I went to whilst visiting family in the US. I think that one was an American 62 reissue though, metallic blue with a white pickguard. I loved it.
Now upon return from my trip I started doing a little research on Jaguars and found the special HH version in black which I found very sexy aswell. The dragster humbuckers and the tune-o-matic bridge seemed like they would suit my playing style better but I have to say I really liked the floating tremolo from the 62. The single pups sounded clean and crisp with a nice twang to them but I'm not sure if I'd prefer the 62's single coil pups to the HH's humbuckers.

Now try and put yourself in my shoes: you've been working hard and have finally earned enough money to buy one of these beauties. Both guitars have about the same price tag. Which one would you go for considering the information above?
Last edited by wmh at Apr 6, 2008,
You've already got humbucker guitars, so why not go for the versatility?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I will shit in your mouth if you don't buy the Jaguar HH
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
try something new and get the 62
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
My best friend has the Jaguar HH, it's a beast to play. Sounds great and plays great, I've never used a 62 though.
All your base are belong to us.
Only thing I'm afraid of if I get the 62 is me getting annoyed at the twangy sound of the pickups and end up wanting to change them after a few months.
there is no point in having three guitars that sound the same
you have multiple guitars because you get tired of one every now and again
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Finally got to actually try the HH. Sounds NOTHING like my other two guitars!
I really like the sound of the dragster humbuckers, they're awesome. The absence of the tremolo didn't bother me at all and because of the stop tail piece, the HH has much more sustain than the regular Jaguar (good for solos \o/).

I've decided: I'm definately getting the HH. Only thing I might eventually change is the bridge pickup to a Duncan, but for now it should be fine.

I'll have the money by Friday which is when I'll get it. I'll try and post some pics and a more detailed review of it after I spend some time with it.

Thanks for all your opinions guys!
Edit: Yay, HH is leading 6 votes to 5 (while I'm posting this message at least ).
Get the MIJ

The HH is an abomination, and is not a jaguar.
Just like tele's with humbuckers; HERESY.
I don't even shred
Definitely the MIJ. I hate the HH.

The MIJ is a really nice guitars. I also heard they stopped using basswood and are using alder recently, so that's good. You might wanna swap the pickups out sometime, as i heard they're not really good, but i hear the dragsters on the HH are horrendous. Yeah i agree that a humbucker jaguar isn't a Jaguar anymore.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab