okay so i am a brand new singer and i been working on my voice but my voice has always been cracking and i been asking my friend how i can help that and she says just drink syrup

and im like huh?

idk what she is talking about.

so anyone know? or can anyone tell me what can help me with singing and some stuff that can help my throat from drying up when i sing
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610558

And my input would be is to just develop your voice more. Do singing excersizes that increase your range, flexibility and control. You gotta build up your vocal chops before you can belt some stuff out...

and for the syrup thing, a lot of people say if your sick and you have a gig, you should drink honey or something and that will temporarily heal your voice or something, I'd research it though.
Room temp liquid = win.

Cold liquid = bad

Hot liquid = an enormous no-no.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
im 16. and just trying to figure out if i have a singing voice or just a voice that should not be heard.

another question. i am trying to lower my voice because i find my voice to high for some songs i sing. any advice on that? no matter what i do it still go's to high
Quote by floyd matt
im 16. and just trying to figure out if i have a singing voice or just a voice that should not be heard.

another question. i am trying to lower my voice because i find my voice to high for some songs i sing. any advice on that? no matter what i do it still go's to high

Sing high. Most guys want to be able to sing higher. No one is going to make fun of you for singing high and accuse you of being a eunuch. Alot of the songs you are trying to sing you are probably singing right if you think it is too high. Alot of people hear themself and think "guys shouldn't sing that high" and then assume they are doing it wrong even if they are at the same pitch as the actual singer.
Ah, 16. Cracking is perfectly normal at this age, especially while singing. Over the next few years your voice will settle, but the male voice doesn't typically fully mature until around the age of 30 (or this is what I'm told.) To avoid cracking, make sure you are breathing correctly while singing, by this I mean diaphragmatic breathing. There are many lessons on this on the internet if you google it. Remember to not tense up your throat, which may be a cause of some of the cracking. And finally, drink lots and lots and lots of water, especially while practicing.