Page 1 of 2
When your really good and get ****ty instruments but then your sucky ass friends gets these 1500 dollar guitars? I've ****ing murdered this kid while playing guitar but he just got a American Fender with new pups and custom painted from his dad. **** I just want to kick something small and helpless.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
I go through that all the time. Except when battle of the bands came up, my band actually won, our gear sucks. Not a single cab, all combos, yet 2 of the bands that played had gibsons n jacksons, and fully decked out marshall stacks
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
lol thats the way my cousin is...he wen't and bought a $600 banjo and was gonna learn how to play it.....it's sitting in the case in his room and ain't been touched since the day he bought it.....and then he bought a Peavey bass guitar for $100 and somthing and has never played it!
I wish... well im not great but i do have some half-assed gear...I know though... this kid got this gibson les paul and he can barely play smoke on the water... I cried.
Yep. I hate it almost as much as I hate when people whine because they "don't have enough".

Who cares if Billy got a Mustang for his 16th birthday if you can drive circles around him in an old Honda. The fact is you can, and a $1500 guitar doesn't change that.

That and pimentos.... I hate pimentos...
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by shredforbread33
When your really good and get ****ty instruments but then your sucky ass friends gets these 1500 dollar guitars? I've ****ing murdered this kid while playing guitar but he just got a American Fender with new pups and custom painted from his dad. **** I just want to kick something small and helpless.

Meh, you concern yourself too much with other people's business. Not to mention you stink of jealousy. Leave people be and mind your own business. You have the skills, so just be happy with that. Not to mention this is the wrong place to post.
Be cool.
^+1.

The fact that you can pour out more soul out of your cheaper instrument than the expensive one just puts you higher up on the musician totem pole. Just play music man, it don't have to look pretty, just sound pretty.
yeah my drummers brother has a tele wroth like 2 grand and he paid for $600 of it. Plus, he only plays it when i come over to practice and he can't play ****.
Quote by Garou1911
Yep. I hate it almost as much as I hate when people whine because they "don't have enough".

Who cares if Billy got a Mustang for his 16th birthday if you can drive circles around him in an old Honda. The fact is you can, and a $1500 guitar doesn't change that.

That and pimentos.... I hate pimentos...

Yeah the kid will quit in a year or so.. im 98% sure. Just pisses me off.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by RatmN'Roses
maybe you could get a job...

</thread>
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
yea it sux not having amazing gear, but it just feels soooo good to destroy them playing wise
Quote by shredforbread33

Either that or he begins to attend a prestigious music school studying classical guitar, but soon realizes his passion is the blues. Then he meets an old black man in a nursing home, who says he can find him Robert Johnson's lost song. He then breaks the black man out of his nursing home, and they begin a blues journey throughout the Southern United States. He then battles Steve Vai in a head chopping duel, and beats him with some crazy classical composition. Man, wouldn't you feel stupid if he went on to do all that. I should make a movie about it...
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Meh, you concern yourself too much with other people's business. Not to mention you stink of jealousy. Leave people be and mind your own business. You have the skills, so just be happy with that. Not to mention this is the wrong place to post.

/thread
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Quote by shredforbread33

great that gives 1 year to become bestfriends with him keep showing off and making him feel like he is horribble. then when he quits u might have a nice fender.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by thedude051
Either that or he begins to attend a prestigious music school studying classical guitar, but soon realizes his passion is the blues. Then he meets an old black man in a nursing home, who says he can find him Robert Johnson's lost song. He then breaks the black man out of his nursing home, and they begin a blues journey throughout the Southern United States. He then battles Steve Vai in a head chopping duel, and beats him with some crazy classical composition. Man, wouldn't you feel stupid if he went on to do all that. I should make a movie about it...

you.totally. called it.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by shredforbread33
you.totally. called it.

excessive. use. of. periods.

. .
Be cool.
Eh... I have the best gear out of everyone I know.
I'm also one of the best players too (out of the 4 or 5 guitarists I know, who are heavily influenced by christian pop/punk, which have crap guitarists, so that's to blame)
I do work hard though. The only gear I got from someone else's work was my line6 spider, which I had sold last summer.
But yeah, sometimes you have to get a little jealous when someone who sucks gets a JCM stack and a Gibson Custom LP.
But, it's always a satisfying feeling to outplay someone with superior gear.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Eh... I have the best gear out of everyone I know.
I'm also one of the best players too (out of the 4 or 5 guitarists I know, who are heavily influenced by christian pop/punk, which have crap guitarists, so that's to blame)
I do work hard though. The only gear I got from someone else's work was my line6 spider, which I had sold last summer.
But yeah, sometimes you have to get a little jealous when someone who sucks gets a JCM stack and a Gibson Custom LP.
But, it's always a satisfying feeling to outplay someone with superior gear.

Man, you only have a Fender Standard Strat and thats the best gear out of everyone you know? Damn, people in your area must be pretty poor.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051

+1.
Here's a good story.
I've got an annoying spoiled boy that lives down the road from me. He bought a guitar about 4 years ago and it just sat in his room for 3 YEARS! But as soon as i bought a guitar and started to play, he was all like, "awww....dude! i thought it was hard, teach me, teach me, teach me!!!" i eventually taught him how to read tabs to get him to shut up.

But to the point, he sucks SO BAD, but his parents spoiled him, and they bought him an Ibanez something. While i had to work to pay for an 80 dollar guitar on eBay, he gets a 1500 dollar guitar brand new.

But a little thing called kharma happened, and he was trying to get a new amp, a Marshall combo, and his parents somehow ended up getting him a Line 6 Spider 2!!! I laugh my @$$ off to this day...even though i have a Spider 3. He kept hiding it from me, too.
I kept asking him if i could play his amp (he told me he had gotten the Marshall), and he was like no, i'm grounded, or i need a new cable or, blah...blah...blah..., but i finally saw it and his face was so red! It was priceless.
O O

___
I've bought all of my gear with my own money from my job. I don't know what your current situation is, but if you can, get a job. I go to college full time and I have a part time job from where I fund anything and everything guitar.

I do know what you mean though. I mean, I could go out right now and buy a MIA Strat if I wanted to, and I'd love too! lol But I'm fine with what I have now. I won't be able to magically play better with a "better" guitar.

Just don't be envious of others too much. It's a waste of time.
Quote by TheBax
Here's a good story.
I've got an annoying spoiled boy that lives down the road from me. He bought a guitar about 4 years ago and it just sat in his room for 3 YEARS! But as soon as i bought a guitar and started to play, he was all like, "awww....dude! i thought it was hard, teach me, teach me, teach me!!!" i eventually taught him how to read tabs to get him to shut up.

But to the point, he sucks SO BAD, but his parents spoiled him, and they bought him an Ibanez something. While i had to work to pay for an 80 dollar guitar on eBay, he gets a 1500 dollar guitar brand new.

But a little thing called kharma happened, and he was trying to get a new amp, a Marshall combo, and his parents somehow ended up getting him a Line 6 Spider 2!!! I laugh my @$$ off to this day...even though i have a Spider 3. He kept hiding it from me, too.
I kept asking him if i could play his amp (he told me he had gotten the Marshall), and he was like no, i'm grounded, or i need a new cable or, blah...blah...blah..., but i finally saw it and his face was so red! It was priceless.

You sound like a big prick. First of all..you make the boy seem like some kind of 'fool' for asking you to teach him. You should be flattered. Second, about the amp...so what? Lastly, that has nothing to do with kharma.
Be cool.
It doesn't piss me off at all. But it does happen alot.

I don't live in such a big rich family, house, and I don't have that much of a killer rig also, but it does the job, and I love it for that.

My friend, didnt even start guitar yet, and his parents are giving him $5,000 to buy his first guitar / electric guitar.
use it to your advantage i do
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
dude don't bitch be better
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by eaton1012
yeah!! OMG !! I hate that. I know this kid for his first guitar he got this $1500 guitar! And he isn't that good.

Duh. It's his first guitar, he's not supposed to be good.

I don't necessarily agree with it, but if I had a ton of money and a kid who wanted to play guitar, I'd want him to have the best gear I could afford.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
i'm only this way against this kid, i just hate him, he copies me with everything. Every song he can play, I played it first and then he asked me the name of it, then he looks up the tabs for it, and TOTALLY RUINS IT!!!!(by playing it, wrongly, a hundred ****ing times) if you knew him you'd hate him too. I've taught 1 or 2 other people at my school a little something about guitar, and i don't mind it because they're just cool, but there's a point between admiring someone and F&CK!NG stalking them. He just gets on my nerves, he copies my music, style, fashion, hobbies, everything.

I know i come off as a D!C|< towards this kid, and it's flattering when i think about it, but he really needs to back off, he copies everything i do!

I don't know how to explain it, i'm not this way, but just towards him, i'd be happy to teach anyone else in the whole world but him.

i don't know how to explain it any better than that...
O O

___
^let them bitch it out.
they obviously haven't learn to use their friends
i only use my stuff when i'm going out of town. otherwise i'm using on of my friends custom guitars and one of his boutique amps
-George Will

Quote by TheBax
i'm only this way against this kid, i just hate him, he copies me with everything. Every song he can play, I played it first and then he asked me the name of it, then he looks up the tabs for it, and TOTALLY RUINS IT!!!!(by playing it, wrongly, a hundred ****ing times) if you knew him you'd hate him too. I've taught 1 or 2 other people at my school a little something about guitar, and i don't mind it because they're just cool, but there's a point between admiring someone and F&CK!NG stalking them. He just gets on my nerves, he copies my music, style, fashion, hobbies, everything.

I know i come off as a D!C|< towards this kid, and it's flattering when i think about it, but he really needs to back off, he copies everything i do!

I don't know how to explain it, i'm not this way, but just towards him, i'd be happy to teach anyone else in the whole world but him.

i hate people like that but i just ignore them or show them up so bad that they become depressed.
-George Will

Quote by TheBax

You're just being a jerk; this kid probably really looks up to you and all you can think is "OMG he's so annoying."

I personally couldn't care less about other people who don't play as well as me having "better" gear because I'm happy with my rig right now; all I need is an A/B box and I'm done for a loooong time.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You're just being a jerk; this kid probably really looks up to you and all you can think is "OMG he's so annoying."

I personally couldn't care less about other people who don't play as well as me having "better" gear because I'm happy with my rig right now; all I need is an A/B box and I'm done for a loooong time.

i don't want his guitar, i love my setup too, but he gets $#!T handed to him all the time!
it makes me sick. Hey and i guess kharma has something to do with me being better, now doesn't it...

you really have a good point and make me think a little...

Quote by BAoxymoron
i hate people like that but i just ignore them or show them up so bad that they become depressed.

this dude has a better point!

and to BAoxymoron, he goes to my church and i show him up EVERY WEDNESDAY!!!!
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Apr 6, 2008,
Quote by thedude051
Man, you only have a Fender Standard Strat and thats the best gear out of everyone you know? Damn, people in your area must be pretty poor.

Not necessarily. They just waste their cash on Ipods and stuff like that. A large portion of my budget goes to my guitaring. Plus, alot of them really don't care too much about guitar.
My next amp is going to be an expensive one though (see sig).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
not everyone holds music as their highest priority(stupid SOBs)
take alot of the girls at my school they spend $900 a week on purse shoe or new cloths
-George Will

Quote by TheBax
i don't want his guitar, i love my setup too, but he gets $#!T handed to him all the time!
it makes me sick. Hey and i guess kharma has something to do with me being better, now doesn't it...
you really have a good point and make me think a little...

this dude has a better point!

and to BAoxymoron, he goes to my church and i show him up EVERY WEDNESDAY!!!!

1 - If he has stuff handed to him for free think what kind of culture shock it will be when he finally has to move out of his house and fend for himself; that's what karma will do and he'll be a mess.

2 - You're still being a jerk if you try and show people up; stop being such a douche.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
1 - If he has stuff handed to him for free think what kind of culture shock it will be when he finally has to move out of his house and fend for himself; that's what karma will do and he'll be a mess.

2 - You're still being a jerk if you try and show people up; stop being such a douche.

i don't really enjoy # 2, but i like you... you tink da way i tink
O O

___
my first guitar came from a PWN Shop
It is abously awesome

my dad bought me my guitar (electric and Acoustic)
i saved money to get my amp
and pedals
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
Quote by TheBax
i don't really enjoy # 2, but i like you... you tink da way i tink

I'm just trying to get you to stop being such a jerk by any means I can. Think of it this way: imagine you're just playing somewhere and some guy who happens to play guitar and has his guitar with him comes over and completely blows you out of the water without so much as a by-your-leave, how would you feel? You'd be pretty hurt by it and you'd probably think the guy was a complete jerk. That's what you're doing. Try thinking about how other people feel about something before you do it in future, yeah?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
i'd laugh and say now i got something to shoot for
-George Will

Page 1 of 2