I was sitting down with my SG with my arm resting on the neck. When I stood up, I unconciously used the neck to support myself as I stood. I heard some sounds like strings binding at the nut and such. I thought I had done some damage to the neck but when I checked it out the intonation was still good and the strings still lined up over the neck. Might I have damaged my guitar at all or am I just worrying to much?

Thank you for your help.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
Quote by musicalfish
I was sitting down with my SG with my arm resting on the neck. When I stood up, I unconciously used the neck to support myself as I stood. I heard some sounds like strings binding at the nut and such. I thought I had done some damage to the neck but when I checked it out the intonation was still good and the strings still lined up over the neck. Might I have damaged my guitar at all or am I just worrying to much?

Thank you for your help.

Ouch! You probably bowed the neck for a brief second while you had your weight on it; thus, the string binding sounds in the nut.

If everything feels and sounds right, call it Luck for now. If nothing changes in a week, make sure to thank the guitar gods for your good luck.

Yeah, as long as no damage is spotted and sounds good still, you caught a lucky one there, I've heard some horror stories of LP/SG set-necks just breaking right the **** off on accident.
Well, I know Pete Townshend uses that as a vibrato effect sometimes....
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I just noticed however that the neck relief seems to be a little bit different. COuld be just my imagination though.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.