recently my band had to pull out of a show 2 weeks early. Now the venue owner is saying we owe him a 200 dollar cancellation fee, he never said anything about this before. does any one know what we can do or say to him?
But keep in mind if you canceled a show he most likely won't let you play another one
Gear
Takamine EG5015S
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Strat
Fender Stage 1600 (160 Watt)
Digitech Hot Head
Digitech Hot Rod
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Quote by RPGoof
You never signed anything, did you?

True dat. If you didn't, he's just trying to **** you over because he thinks you're a bunch of stupid kids.
Quote by Lamrick21
no contract. no fee. simple as that

he speaks the truth. +1

he's just trying to get money outta you because you cancelled. fight the power
we didn't sign anything, i guess we're just going to have to tell him to screw him self but we're going to lose an opportunity to ever play there, whatever.
Quote by crazyatey8
we didn't sign anything, i guess we're just going to have to tell him to screw him self but we're going to lose an opportunity to ever play there, whatever.

First, ask if you can play at another time, if he says no and just wants the money, then feel free to tell him to **** himself.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by kyle100
First, ask if you can play at another time, if he says no and just wants the money, then feel free to tell him to **** himself.

What he said.
If he's an asshole promoter you won't want to work with him again anyway

Ask him if there's any other way, and if there's not tell him to **** himself, two weeks is good enough notice.

Plus, see if you can get other promoters to talk to him, he's either a noob promoter or a dick