is there an order to classical tremolo on the picking hand is it thumb, index,middle,ring or is it thumb,ring,middle,index

how many fingers do you use on classical tremolo only 4 or do you include the pinky as well?

what is the advantage of using more than 2 fingers for example if you use thumb and index is almost like alternate picking so why do they use more than 2 fingers?

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
as i understand it tremolo is pointer middle ring in that order

what about the thumb is it only used for the bass notes or does it help by using it ?
will it give you more speed in the long run using more fingers like including the thumb on treblle string?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by stefan1988
is there an order to classical tremolo on the picking hand is it thumb, index,middle,ring or is it thumb,ring,middle,index

how many fingers do you use on classical tremolo only 4 or do you include the pinky as well?

what is the advantage of using more than 2 fingers for example if you use thumb and index is almost like alternate picking so why do they use more than 2 fingers?

any help is appreciated

1 - I think it probably depends on the player but I've seen it taught as being ring to index.

2 - You can use 4 fingers and a thumb for a tremolo but only for particularly fast pieces

3 - The idea of the tremolo is not really to hit different notes with each stroke; try watching something like Recuerdos De La Alhambra to really get the idea of a classical tremolo.

4 - As far as I know the thumb is only ever used for bass notes but I could be wrong.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
2 - You can use 4 fingers and a thumb for a tremolo but only for particularly fast pieces

this is something i dont understand how does the extra finger helps you get more speed
lets say you are plucking the little e string i could only use my thumb and index finger and it be the same as alternate picking thumb goes down index goes up the economy of motion is still there i dont get why the third finger is thrown in there or why sometimes artist decide to use their pinkies do you really get more speed by using another finger

I think it probably depends on the player but I've seen it taught as being ring to index.

i think it depends on the player too but i think the angle you position your hand
has something to do with the order of the fingers

i think is thumb,ring,middle,index but i just want to make sure im doing it the right way

that is one of the songs i want to learn
Recuerdos De La Alhambra

but mostly this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7O2tD3imy8

any more advice is still apreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
this is something i dont understand how does the extra finger helps you get more speed

Because 4 fingers moving one after the other in the same direction is faster than 2 moving in opposite directions. You don't alt pick, think of them more like engine pistons, it's a constant, rolling kind of action.

When you strike with your first finger you can strike another three notes before you need to use that finger again. Using 2 fingers you can only hit one note before needing to go back to the same finger, therefore it's a lot slower.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thanks for advice guys just one last request

any easy song that i could learn so i can practice classical tremolo
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
In general, I've seen it as ring to index for 3 notes of tremolo between each bass note (pami). For 4 notes of tremolo, more commonly used in Flamenco than Classical, after each bass note, I've seen index, ring, middle index (piami).

Using more notes/more fingers is actually more common in slower pieces, as it lets you keep a high rate of speed for a longer duration of time.
Quote by stefan1988
thanks for advice guys just one last request

any easy song that i could learn so i can practice classical tremolo

Learn Mateo Carcassi's Study in A Minor, it's a cool song and fairly easy.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.