I have recently downloaded Cubase (recording software) and was wondering if i could use my USB from the pod to the computer and hoping maybe there is some way i could makeit work on cubase.
?
You've got two options:

1 - Use the USB connection
2 - Use the stereo 1/4" outputs

You won't hear any sound through your monitors if you use the USB connection. You'll have to use headphones.
mmhm i see but will cubase be able to recognize it? And if i use the 1\4 jacks how would i connect to teh commputer?
I'm assuming you're using your computers stock soundcard, so you'll want to pick up a 1/4" - 1/8" adapter and plug into your soundcards Line In or Mic In. You can get the adapter at a local Radioshack.
Quote by Guitarmiester

You won't hear any sound through your monitors if you use the USB connection. You'll have to use headphones.

?? if you can use head phones you can use any powered monitors.
That's just how the PodXT works. When using the USB connection you won't hear any sound through your monitors, but you'll hear it upon playback. He could always use headphones, plug his computer speakers into the PodXT's headphone jack, or use the 1/4" outputs where he'll hear what he's playing at all times through his monitors.
thanks. another question. i have guitar port, when i plug my USB to the computer it works perfect with guitar port. and i want to record but you have to pay monthly for there recording stuff. so i got cubase. and was wondering if cubase would recognize it through the USB.
?
It should, but you might have to change your sound control settings and make sure the Toneport is selected as the 'Sound Recording' input.
Quote by Guitarmiester
It should, but you might have to change your sound control settings and make sure the Toneport is selected as the 'Sound Recording' input.

ok..ill try that. Where do i go to change this?
Start -> Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound or yours might be labeled Sound Control

You should have a few tabs at the top of the page that comes up. Look for the page that contains playback and sound recording. Sound recording should have a drop-down menu. When you've got your Toneport plugged in it should show up in that drop-down menu and you can select it as your default recording device.
hmm. well im sure it works somehow. im just confused with how to use cubase! haha
what do you use to record?
I've used quite a few recording programs, but at home in my small studio I use Adobe Audition. I've tried a few other programs, but always come back to Adobe.
Yea, I've been using my PodXT for the past year or so while recording. I miced my Legacy a few times, but I really have to crank it up to get the tone I like best from it. Where I'm at, I can't exactly crank the Legacy whenever I want. I live next door to a cop and would rather not piss him off, which is why I've mainly been using the PodXT. I recently bought a Vetta 2, I'll most likely be recording with that from here on out.
Are you using the USB,1/4,or MIDI plugins to the computer for recording?

HAHa that kina sucks about the Legacy...
With the PodXT I use both the USB and 1/4" stereo outs. The PodXT is configured as my soundcard and I use the 1/4" outs just so I can hear my signal through my monitors. When I use my Vetta 2 I'm running direct (in stereo) to my mixer and into my soundcard.
ohhh i see.
So the 1/4 isnt really needed?
only just to hear without the use of head phones?

Basically all i have is the Pod and recording software. With these two i should be able to start my recording?
It's up to you how you want to record, you can either use the USB connection or the 1/4" outs. There's really no best way, just preference. You should be able to start recording with your setup, as long as you've got everything configured correctly. Give it a try and let me know how it works out.
Tis.
Ill try. i just need to figure out how to set up the recording software.haha.
thanks for teh help.