if soo how do you like it.

Hows the low end?
Does it really sound like 1000 watts?

Give me as much feedback you can.

I just bought one
and im waiting for it to ship sooo i hope i made a good choice ?
Guitars-
Gibson SG Standard
Schecter c1 hellraiser fr (Tremelo-NO)

Amp-
5150 Custom
Marshall 1960a Lead

Effects-
Boss Ns2
EH Holy Stain
Boss Sd2
Ernie Ball Vol Jr
Digitech Digi Delay
Korg Rack Tuner
Furman Power Con
BBE Sonic Max
Oh geez, where's Fitz. He'll know everything.

Everything.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
^haha seriously
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
who?
Guitars-
Gibson SG Standard

Amp-
5150 Custom
Marshall 1960a Lead

Effects-
Boss Ns2
EH Holy Stain
Boss Sd2
Ernie Ball Vol Jr
Digitech Digi Delay
Korg Rack Tuner
Furman Power Con
BBE Sonic Max
reading the reviews it seems some people hate this amp
while others think its awesome

so its a 50/50

think i should return and get a peavy firebird 700 instead?
Guitars-
Gibson SG Standard

Amp-
5150 Custom
Marshall 1960a Lead

Effects-
Boss Ns2
EH Holy Stain
Boss Sd2
Ernie Ball Vol Jr
Digitech Digi Delay
Korg Rack Tuner
Furman Power Con
BBE Sonic Max
thefitz is like Chtulu- awesome, feared, and generally a BAMF.

He also knows a lot about Carvins.

And when it's 50/50, generally, one should go with a personal test. Make up the decision yourself, really.
Sorry if that sounds kinda mean...

And most places online have a 30-day policy, so don't worry if it's a piece of poop.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Unfortunately, I'm not too terribly sure about the exact (discontinued) model in question, but if my 20-year old Carvin head and modern Carvin heads have these things in common, this R1000 will have them, too.

Carvin amps have, and always will have, a very usable, dialble tone. If you want a certain tone, you can simply dial it into the Carvin. However, the knowledge of a bass-tailored EQ is just a bloody must. It's nowhere like a tube Ampeg where you plug it in and get that woolly tone in five seconds. All solid-state heads should have this transparency *cough Ashdown* *cough cheap-ass Ampegs*, and this one certainly does.

Now, Carvin pretty much only make stereo bass heads. That means to "sound like 1000W", whatever the hell that means, you'll need to power BOTH power amps at 2 ohms EACH. i.e. you'll need two four ohm cabs per power amp - i.e. four total 4-ohm cabs in total. With 2 4 ohm cabs, like I use, you'll get 700W - 350W per power amp. I run my Carvin this way and get 600W. This is a very important point.

Now, my 600W setup, at between 10 and 11 o'clock, punches so much that my dad complained that I was ****ing up the gears in one of his clocks on a wall a floor above. The system will be plenty loud - but that involves having at least 2 four-ohm cabs and a properly dialed EQ.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^ Told ya so.

Also, wow, really? Messed up his clock through a floor? Sure he wasn't kidding?

I'd love a setup like that...
Quote by Wisthekiller

well i play out of a hartke 8x10

and i have an eq

so now what would i need to do?
Guitars-
Gibson SG Standard

Amp-
5150 Custom
Marshall 1960a Lead

Effects-
Boss Ns2
EH Holy Stain
Boss Sd2
Ernie Ball Vol Jr
Digitech Digi Delay
Korg Rack Tuner
Furman Power Con
BBE Sonic Max
With your (I assume) 4-ohm Hartke 810, you'd only get 350W and only use one power amp. You need another 4 ohm cab to get the other 350W.

And as far as an EQ goes, just EQ sensibly (i.e. read my EQing blogs).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
so your saying if i had a 4x10 and a 1x15

id be able to get the full amount?

and whats a power amp do i have to buy that
or is it included in the amp
Guitars-
Gibson SG Standard

Amp-
5150 Custom
Marshall 1960a Lead

Effects-
Boss Ns2
EH Holy Stain
Boss Sd2
Ernie Ball Vol Jr
Digitech Digi Delay
Korg Rack Tuner
Furman Power Con
BBE Sonic Max
If you had a 410 and 115 (BOTH 4 OHM!!!) it'd work perfectly. Run a 212 and 115 m'self.

And the head contains one preamp and two power amps. You can run them in stereo, with one part of the frequencies going to one amp (and therefore cab) and another going to the other amp (and therefore cab). Personally, it takes away a bit of warmth, so I run them dual mono (i.e. both amps use all the frequencies).

I don't mono bridge and are unsure if this head has it. What I do know about mono bridge is that you need a special Speakon cable to do it. You should be able to get 1000W mono-bridged at 4 ohms, assuming you can mono-bridge.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
fitz my friend

you
are a genius
Guitars-
Gibson SG Standard

Amp-
5150 Custom
Marshall 1960a Lead

Effects-
Boss Ns2
EH Holy Stain
Boss Sd2
Ernie Ball Vol Jr
Digitech Digi Delay
Korg Rack Tuner
Furman Power Con
BBE Sonic Max
I had a R1000 dudes, and I mono bridged that beast into my Ampeg 8 x 10. It was alright, but I had to upgrade.
^ Well, there ya go! If your cab has speakon, that 810 will work freaking perfectly - just get the right cable.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Yeah, if you bridge the R1000 into the 810 you could get the full 1000 watts into the cab. If it can handle that, of course. By the way TS, I've heard some altogether AWFUL things about the R1000 heads, and there are actually threads on carvinbbs.com (hope that's okay) dedicated to problems with the Redline series. There was some problems when Carvin was making the Redlines, but a lot of people have no trouble with them. It very much depends on which unit you get. Not to discourage you from the buy, I'm just saying I hope you have a return policy if not all goes well, that's all.

On the sound and general stuff about the amp, I think Fitz has covered it.