Alright so I've been playing guitar now for like 4-5 years and I've been playing bass on and off just for ****s 'n giggles through out the time I played guitar. Now I'm playing bass in a metal band and I need a new bass. I'm currently playing a fender precision, but I need a new one.

Now getting down to business, can you guys recomend me some basses? I was at a store today looking at the Spector Performer and the LTD D-4 (have and LTD guitar and love it). but do you guys want to add any other basses I should check out for somone who's on a budget ($400-$500).

And last off, I dont know weather to get a 4 or 5 string, I know I wouldnt use the low string right now but In time I would learn how to use it.
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
That spector would suit you well, check out some ESP/LTD F-series basses, and Schecter basses in your price range. Both are great for metal.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
definitely go with a schecter or maybe a high end ibanez, the schecter studio 5 string is within your price range and it sounds amazing
I say a Spector 4 or 5 string bass is great for more advanced bassists!It cost about $5,300.But it is a really good bass.Alex Webster from Canniabl Corpse uses Spectors!
Eric Bo Kause
Well, if you have a Fender P just for ****s and giggles, sell that and get your mommy and daddy to give you the extra money for a Warwick Thumb.

Oh jeez, it's early, and my contempt for people with money isn't under control very well.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Ibanez SR500/SR505.. work out which one's the 5 string ^^

Yeah.. but anyway, great basses.
Ibanez SR505
Yamaha RBX 270
Epiphone G400