Page 1 of 2
I'm positive they are metal, but I don't know, Soulfly used to get a lot of crap for being Nu metalish...

Anyway, It's Max and Igor Cavalera back again kicking ass, with the beast of a guitarist Marc Rizzo on Lead, and Duplianter from Gojira on bass, ...who has listened to their cd?

It's crazy! Really Badass stuff, just something to listen to when you need to wipe someone off the face of the earth.

Also Marc Rizzo's solos are absolutely amazing, although sometimes are a little too fast and technical.
Quote by rizo299
"To: North Korea

Hey Kim DONG Il. Got nukes yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.

Here's some help with getting one built.

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

They are ok from what I've heard. I don't have the CD, just heard the songs on the radio.
Igor has enormous arms.

Regarding the music, Joe really needs to stay with Gojira...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
^ +1
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
mmmm sounds to soulfly to be honest, inflikted sounds abit diff but sanctuary sounds like a soulfly song.
hmm il wait for more tracks
ok i havent heard it yet but tell me guys is it anyway close to the old sepultura(max igor kisser paulo) as it was claimed before its release
Quote by codswollip1
They are ok from what I've heard. I don't have the CD, just heard the songs on the radio.

They play this stuff on the radio in New Zealand...?
Quote by rizo299

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

Inflikted is an awesome song, the rest of the album sucks. If Joe isn't doing it for the money, then he has poor taste.

Cavalera is the definition of a lucky but crap songwriter. He comes out with an occasional gem among whole albums of drivel. He's also an appalling trend-follower.

"Dude, nu-metal is popular! OK, I'm thinking of a name... Soulfly."

As soon as proper metal starts to get vaguely popular again, he releases Dark Ages, which is a little more metal but still contains slabs of nu-metal.

He then forms CC because of Sepultura now sucking.

Did I mention he's an appalling guitarist? Seriously, he should stick to vocals and hire a rhythm guy to write riffs for him and play them. There's only so much chugging I can take these days.
Last edited by webbtje at Apr 7, 2008,
Quote by webbtje
Inflikted is an awesome song, the rest of the album sucks. If Joe isn't doing it for the money, then he has poor taste.

Cavalera is the definition of a lucky but crap songwriter. He comes out with an occasional gem among whole albums of drivel. He's also an appalling trend-follower.

As soon as proper metal starts to get vaguely popular again, he releases Dark Ages, which is a little more metal but still contains slabs of nu-metal.

Did I mention he's an appalling guitarist? Seriously, he should stick to vocals and hire a rhythm guy to write riffs for him and play them. There's only so much chugging I can take these days.

Pretty much summed up my thoughts on Max Cavalera. People will always wish for the old Sepultura like they wish for Old Metallica, but it's just not going to happen.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you... - Abomino Aetas
It's not exactly like Sepultura were massively original in their day anyway. IMO, they're very over-rated. That said, I'm not really into thrash any more nowadays.
I thought the whole album was fairly bad to be honest, and "ultra-violent" was cringe worthy.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by slayerbizkit
Pretty much summed up my thoughts on Max Cavalera. People will always wish for the old Sepultura like they wish for Old Metallica, but it's just not going to happen.

That is so true dude. I heard 2 CC tracks from a friend who loves his old (pre Arise) Sepultura. I thought they were very decent, definitely headbangable, but he said it really wasn't what he was expecting. I guess most sepultura fans were hoping for some of that old sepultura sound. Don't get me wrong I do like Sepultura a lot, but i didn't really have any expectations for CC.

Maybe that's why i enjoyed it more than he did?
I'm a huge fan of the tribal metal sound that Sepultura basically invented with Roots so I was stoked to hear about this band (not to mention I am a big fan of Gojira and befriended Joe on their last US tour). Not really what I expected and it does sound a bit thrown together but all in all it's a throwback to the early Sepultura days and Marc Rizzo lays down some serious guitar work!

If ya like fast, heavy thrash like the old days (ala: Testament, Sepultura, Anthrax) I say snag it up!
"When one loses himself in his art, the art then comes to life."

-Hazrat Inayat Khan
Quote by webbtje

I lol'd.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
For some reason I thought Jeff Waters played on this...Weird.

I haven't really heard it yet, but an album being generic hasn't stopped me from liking it before!
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Quote by shenanigans
They play this stuff on the radio in New Zealand...?

Yeah, well only on Sunday night when the metal show is on.
Fuck you all, this is by far the most vicious and ass-kicking thing Max Cavalera has been involved in since Chaos AD. And anyone who thinks this isn't Metal is obviously a fucking gormless dipshit.

Sanctuary and Nevertrust are the only really questionable tracks on there for me. The rest is sheer face-ripping awesomeness. Not to mention Marc Rizzo fucking rips on this record like i've never heard him do so before.

omg contwovussy.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Fuck you all, this is by far the most vicious and ass-kicking thing Max Cavalera has been involved in since Chaos AD. And anyone who thinks this isn't Metal is obviously a fucking gormless dipshit.

Sanctuary and Nevertrust are the only really questionable tracks on there for me. The rest is sheer face-ripping awesomeness. Not to mention Marc Rizzo fucking rips on this record like i've never heard him do so before.

omg contwovussy.

But...but...they're successful!

BAWWWWWWWWWWW.

Nah really, I haven't got this album yet but I do plan on it, as Dark Ages was great, Dante XXI was great and basically everything about the Cavaleras is great.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by Dyer's Eve

omg contwovussy.

Yea I agree man, what's with all the negative feedback? Even if the cd isn't your style or you can't get into it, there really is nothing wrong with it, it's probably the best cd Cavalera has done since his Sepultura days...
Quote by rizo299

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

Quote by Dyer's Eve
Fuck you all, this is by far the most vicious and ass-kicking thing Max Cavalera has been involved in since Chaos AD.

I don't really care, to be honest. It bores me to tears.
I listened to one song, i though it was pretty good.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Quote by webbtje
I don't really care, to be honest. It bores me to tears.

You don't care but yet you keep posting your dumbass comments
prophet8999, I don't know/like you, and my mouse is hovering over the report button for flaming.

Try me. Go on.

I will express my opinion on this public forum as I damn well see fit.
I don't usally post on this site because it sucks, the site itself is great but getting into meaning less discusion with people who critize musicians every note and label it this and that seems pointless. judging by your prompt reply you really have nothing else to do so post away i won't hurt your feelings anymore
Quote by webbtje
and my mouse is hovering over the report button for flaming.

Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
I am fucking terrifying

Quote by prophet8999
I don't usally post on this site because it sucks, the site itself is great but getting into meaning less discusion with people who critize musicians every note and label it this and that seems pointless. judging by your prompt reply you really have nothing else to do so post away i won't hurt your feelings anymore

I disagree with your opinion. Oh noes. Get used to it, people do. If you act like a cunt like you did in the post above, you won't last long. End of.

By the way, I personally think Cavalera's output has been inferior for a long time. And I will say that as much as I want. I'm not going to like it because 'Oh, he's obviously put loads of effort into it.' As someone who has taste in music, I reserve myself the right to dislike some. It has meaning, I am making up my own mind.
Last edited by webbtje at Apr 8, 2008,
"Mouse over the report button". It's like the internet equivalent of "I'll tell the teacher".

Lol.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by webbtje
I am fucking terrifying

I disagree with your opinion. Oh noes. Get used to it, people do. If you act like a cunt like you did in the post above, you won't last long. End of.

By the way, I personally think Cavalera's output has been inferior for a long time. And I will say that as much as I want. I'm not going to like it because 'Oh, he's obviously put loads of effort into it.' As someone who has taste in music, I reserve myself the right to dislike some. It has meaning, I am making up my own mind.

I didn't express an opinion about the music itself, I was simply stating that for someone like yourself who has no interest in this band sure spents alot of time in this thread
what's up with that
Webby-boy, y'know, if you'd have just put something to the effect of 'Sorry man, but even so, it just doesn't quite make my dick hard" rather than "I don't care", you could have saved yourself some grief.
LAMMERGEIER
Quote by Dyer's Eve
"Mouse over the report button". It's like the internet equivalent of "I'll tell the teacher".

Lol.

And "But I'm expressing my opinion!" is the equivalent of "BUT I HAZ LERNING DIFFICULTYS"
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by prophet8999
I didn't express an opinion about the music itself, I was simply stating that for someone like yourself who has no interest in this band sure spents alot of time in this thread
what's up with that

Quote by prophet8999
You don't care but yet you keep posting your dumbass comments

Well I dunno, but that seems pretty confrontational to me.

Take this to profiles, we're only spamming this beautiful thread up.

Quote by Dyer's Eve
Webby-boy, y'know, if you'd have just put something to the effect of 'Sorry man, but even so, it just doesn't quite make my dick hard" rather than "I don't care", you could have saved yourself some grief.

Annoyed! I get called a dumbass, I get irritated! Fuck it!
Quote by webbtje
Well I dunno, but that seems pretty confrontational to me.

When did he say it wasn't confrontational?
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
I HATEEEEEEEEEE MARC RIZZO.

His bends and solo's are so f*cked up.

Max is great tho <3, although I think Sepultura was still his best project.
Guitarist for: Delain, Arrow Haze, Vengeance, Tri-Head and others.

Official Endorser/Clinicer of:

Aristides Guitars
Quote by Pr0teZT
I HATEEEEEEEEEE MARC RIZZO.

His bends and solo's are so f*cked up.

Max is great tho <3, although I think Sepultura was still his best project.

The inclusion of "<3" nulls your opinion.

You 13 year old girl.
Rizzo is under-rated, in all fairness. He has a cool solo on Inflikted in any case, but a lot of his Soulfly stuff is also bloody impressive.

EDIT: Yes, I said under-rated
He called you a dumbass due to your bluntness. Had you not been so blunt about your opinion he probably wouldn't have called you as such. Simple people skills man. If you're going to exert your opinion in a negative manner, don't be shocked if someone calls you out. I'm not trying to be a Dick here, but it just seems common sense to me.

Plus, if he really did annoy you, couldn't you just ignore him?

EDIT: And yes, Rizzo I find is often overlooked due to being in Soulfly. Shame, but at least he's whipping out his chops nowadays.
LAMMERGEIER
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
The inclusion of "<3" nulls your opinion.

You 13 year old girl.

Your momma wil be proud of you now =].

I am not a 13 year old girl btw, and if I were you would be probably masturbating all over me.
Guitarist for: Delain, Arrow Haze, Vengeance, Tri-Head and others.

Official Endorser/Clinicer of:

Aristides Guitars
Page 1 of 2