How often has your guitar broken or had a technical problem in the last year?

What caused it to malfunction?

How was it fixed? (yourself/repair shop)

would you consider having a place construct a custom guitar for you?

what would be the price range of such guitar for you?

i thank you all for your time, for my business class i am constructing an artificial business for guitar custom shop and repair in canada, and wish to get an idea on costs and business profit for school. i am going to have to actually build my guitar so that will be fun. i thank you all again for taking your time to help me, along with your honesty
1. Uh not a whole lot... let's say twice?

2. Unknown. I always take the entire thing apart!

3. Myself

4. Yes, if I had control over every detail

5. $0 - $700, depending on how close it gets to perfection. The price would also need to be competitive with other brands.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
One of my electric guitars has broken down twice, another has broken down once, and my bass almost completely stopped working at one point. Four break-downs in total.

Three of those four break-downs were caused simply by old, tired wiring; solder joints breaking, wire burning out, etc.
The fourth break was a clean neck break due to the guitar 'accidentally' falling out of a fourth floor hotel room window. I doubt the manufacturer can be blamed for this.

The broken neck was thankfully just on a very cheap guitar with bolt-on construction, and so a second neck was ordered, which I fitted myself.
Two of the three wiring problems were fixed by myself also, only needing a soldering iron and five minutes for both combined. The third wiring problem required the guitar's entire system re-making including new pots, this was done at a store. This was simply due to me not being bothered to do it myself rather than it having to be a store-job.

would you consider having a place construct a custom guitar for you?
I already have; I have one custom made guitar already, and two more ordered which are being made as we speak. I have two more custom guitars I intend to order at some point in time.

The one that has already been made cost a little under £3000 (about $6000). Of the two that are ordered and are waiting to be finished, one is costing me £4600 ($9200), and the other is £2700 ($5400). I have already gotten price quotes on the remaining two custom guitars I want; one will be £16,000 ($32000), the other will be £11,400 ($22,800). The much higher prices of the last two are due to them being from American brands, while the more standard prices of the other three are from local UK builders.
I had one problem with my ibanez.

I had it on a stand attached to the fall, 5 feet in the air and it fell.

It still is'nt fixed. I'm gonna bring it to a shop on Wednesday.

I would definately consider having a guitar developed for me.

My price range would be about $300-$1000. But I would go higher if I found something I really, really liked.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by bokuho

The one that has already been made cost a little under £3000 (about $6000). Of the two that are ordered and are waiting to be finished, one is costing me £4600 ($9200), and the other is £2700 ($5400). I have already gotten price quotes on the remaining two custom guitars I want; one will be £16,000 ($32000), the other will be £11,400 ($22,800). The much higher prices of the last two are due to them being from American brands, while the more standard prices of the other three are from local UK builders.

LOL man what guitars are you having made, with real gold hardware & diamonds??
A basic Jackson USA Custom Shop costs $3500, and you can go up to $8000 if you're really extravagant (custom shape, custom paintjob, ...). And Jackson is one of the most expensive custom shops out there.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Once.

The wire for the volume knob becamed detached.

My guitar teacher and I fixed it.

Would you consider having a place construct a custom guitar for you?
I'd love ESP or Jackson to create me one.

What would be the price range of such guitar for you?
Around £600 - £1000, assuming it sounded good and looked the shiznayy.
R E G G A E
lol

well the custom shop we are making has access to a company that provides pieces of other companies (ESP necks, Ibanez necks, ESP head, Ibanez Heads) it covers all brands and all parts, so one can get their ideal guitar

thanks again for the help, you are all helping me alot with the finances of this business