I'm looking into eventually buying some new humbucker pickups for an Ibanez ARX100 (it's a mahogany, rosewood fretboard Les Paul copy) that I'll be getting soon.

I want this guitar for classic rock like Cream. But also some Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy. I'm looking into getting some Seymour Duncans, and I don't want high output, since I already have another guitar for that (I have GFS' Vintage 59, so since it's close to the SD '59 I don't want that again).

I narrowed my choices to:

alnico II pro
seth lover
pearly gates (not sure if it's good classic rock though)

I'm thinking about the alnico II in the neck, and seth lover or pearly gates for the bridge.
I heard the jazz/jb is a good combo. But would the JB be too hot for my style?

My limit is about $150.
Last edited by Bling Dogg at Apr 7, 2008,
Quote by Bling Dogg
I'm looking into eventually buying some new humbucker pickups for an Ibanez ARX100 (it's a mahogany, rosewood fretboard Les Paul copy) that I'll be getting soon.

I want this guitar for classic rock like Cream. But also some Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy. I'm looking into getting some Seymour Duncans, and I don't want high output, since I already have another guitar for that (I have GFS' Vintage 59, so since it's close to the SD '59 I don't want that again).

I narrowed my choices to:

alnico II pro
seth lover
pearly gates (not sure if it's good classic rock though)

I'm thinking about the alnico II in the neck, and seth lover or pearly gates for the bridge.
I heard the jazz/jb is a good combo. But would the JB be too hot for my style?

My limit is about $150.

the pearly gates II and the JB are a GREAT combo they would be perfect for you
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
THe JB would be pretty appalling for what you want, the Custom 5 is the one you want if you're looking for a hotter bridge pickup. 59 is great for the neck though, as is the Pearly Gates...if you don't want a hotter bridge pickup then go for a pair of Pearly Gates.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
no one should mention BK, cause he's in Canada - just to clear that up

i would def. say the Pearly Gates are a nice set to get cause theyve got that edge of brightness that adds to the crunch of classic rock