that has real nice warm tones
sounds awesome on the top pick up
i play stuff like explosions in the sky
and sigur ros
my price range is about 200-400 bucks
can anyone give me some ideas?
epiphone sheraton II

great guitars i bought mine used for 450. maybe look at some other jazz boxes like the artcores from ibanez
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
try a epiphone les paul standard....they have really great tone and if u get like zakk wylde 81/85 pick-ups then ur neck pick-up will be orgasmic
Quote by BucketHead103
try a epiphone les paul standard....they have really great tone and if u get like zakk wylde 81/85 pick-ups then ur neck pick-up will be orgasmic

EMGs are for metal music exclusively-Sure you can tone it down and play some a little blues or something but for warmth and variety, you'd be better off using the stock pickups on the standards. I do agree that a standard would be a good choice. Or if you're willing to stretch your budget, buy a 57' classic to replace one of your stock pickups.
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
I'm not crazy about the standard Epi les pauls, but in your price range, they're the best I'd say. The Customs are not that much more, and they're nice in my opinion.

yea, for anything but metal the 81/ 85, or for that matter any active pickups are probably not your best bet. I'd go for something like the 57 classic, or you know the basic alnico hbucker. Those will give you some pretty good options.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!