assuming you're in a band, how famous would you say you are?

do you play a lot of local shows or have you ever been booked at well known revenues like the knitting factory? or are you more of a talent show group?

just curious.

also, sorry if this belongs in the self promotion forum?
cause technically its not really self promoting but then it sort of is.
Blues band: Kinda known.

Alt Rock band: Kinda known.

I used to be in a pretty wellknown Punk Band, but we broke up
When I was in a band we played 4 or 5 shows on 6th st. in Austin, TX (pretty good) then we actually got around to trying to record and broke up. Our drummer quit, so I recorded bass and drum parts, the guitarist did his guitar part (was going to go back an do vocals) and we had to kick out our keyboardist due to douchebaggery and then we never finished recording. Kind of lame, but we did play some good shows, one of which had about 120 people.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
i am kirk hammet, im in this band called metallica we're pretty huge...

nah a covers band i was in got quite big we played a few shows at pubs and lots of our friends turned up but i left because i wasn't enjoying it and they were all douches

EDIT: and the funk/altrock band im in isnt quite into gigging yet due to incompetent singers but we have a new one and we're getting him trained up, so hopefully all goes well for us
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Last edited by druz15_UG at Apr 7, 2008,
We're not extremely well known, but we have a good reputation around our school, and a few other schools
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

I'm going to start doing Open Mics this summer. I'll probably be on MTV by next August.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Well, we're not exactly that well known but this local band called The Dudes, who tour quite a bit and had a video on MuchMusic messaged us on MySpace and said to talk to them when we turn 18.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by saxaxe
My band is so kvlt I haven't even heard of them.

awesome
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
inb4 everyone starts saying how many myspace friends their band has...

my band is doing ok, two years of steady gigging and recording.
its so difficult to build up a fan base though.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
My band's played a few shows, not really with any big bands. Pretty much just local shows. In summer we're going to Kansas though, it's gonna be epic. It's a fest from this venue called The Anchor. We play metalcore by the way.

EDIT:band name is Beneath Dishonor
check the myspace if you want
I like all kinds of music! For real.
Last edited by tmbgdude at Apr 7, 2008,
a lot of the local bands around my area are famous for being terrible and believing they're gonna make it
My band is known pretty well in our scene, but since we're so young we can't expand our sphere of influence so well. A lot of people like us and know us though, we are getting shirts soon and we got asked if we could send them to the UK, haha.
Quote by stringmagician
we are getting shirts soon and we got asked if we could send them to the UK, haha.

oh the power of the myspace
Quote by stringmagician
Dude, you don't even know

i bet if you replaced all your band pictures with less attractive boys, all your fans would disappear

..just a theory
I was once in a band that was relatively well known in our area. We were about the only band in the town, though.

Right now, I'm kinda floating between projects. But as a person, I'm known as THAT CHICK WHO CAN PLAY GUITAR?!.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
Quote by Pisforprenup
i bet if you replaced all your band pictures with less attractive boys, all your fans would disappear

..just a theory

Thanks hunny

unfortunately, you're absolutely right. Our music is okay, but we're nothing amazing. And no one in the scene cares about music anyway.
Quote by Yikes
Right now, I'm kinda floating between projects. But as a person, I'm known as THAT CHICK WHO CAN PLAY GUITAR?!.

not a bad way to be known
Quote by stringmagician
And no one in the scene cares about music anyway.

this must be your scene
We have a few of those, a few "the myspace *****"s, LOTS of "Williamsburg hipsters"s, "brootal kid"s, "scene queen"s, and "hxc tough guy"s, and a few rare "prehistoric emo"s

Yourscenesucks.com is ollllld, they need to update
Quote by stringmagician
Yourscenesucks.com is ollllld, they need to update

you're completely right, all those scenes are dying down and being replaced