This may seem like a dumb question, but I have an american strat and there's a spring in the hole where the whammy bar goes and it always falls out when the guitar is in its case, does anyone else have this problem and how do you fix it? I tried tape, but it left a sticky residue and was annoying to use. Suggestions?
Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
Women and children first
The springs for your bridge shouldnt go into the trem bar hole. There are 5 holes where the 90 degree angle "fingers" would go. Your spring should go there. Place the finger end in first then the "loop" end onto the hook useing a screwdriver or whats handy (that woulnt hurt you or your gear).
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by plucky duck
The springs for your bridge shouldnt go into the trem bar hole. There are 5 holes where the 90 degree angle "fingers" would go. Your spring should go there. Place the finger end in first then the "loop" end onto the hook useing a screwdriver or whats handy (that woulnt hurt you or your gear).

I don't think you're understanding my question
Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
Women and children first
that spring is there so that you dont have to wind your wammy bar all the way in for it to stay in place. when i bought my strat it had a little sticker over the hole, so im guessing there isnt really a way to keep it in there, i just store mine in my case in a little bag
Quote by bobo333
I don't think you're understanding my question

That's a common problem are you useing 5 springs? you could realign the springs if you're just using 3. Or you could bend the finger end (a little at a time) untill it wedges to the point it doesnt want to slip out. If you're handy you could drip a little soder on on the finger untill it fits sungly into its hole.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
Quote by plucky duck
That's a common problem are you useing 5 springs? you could realign the springs if you're just using 3. Or you could bend the finger end (a little at a time) untill it wedges to the point it doesnt want to slip out. If you're handy you could drip a little soder on on the finger untill it fits sungly into its hole.

hes not talking about that, hes talking about the hole where you screw in your wammy bar, strats come with a little spring in them that comes out. its put there so that you dont have to screw your wammy bar in all the way before its stays in place...i think they may have recently started doing this because i never heard of that before i bought my strat in december
Quote by Jono3425
hes not talking about that, hes talking about the hole where you screw in your wammy bar, strats come with a little spring in them that comes out. its put there so that you dont have to screw your wammy bar in all the way before its stays in place...i think they may have recently started doing this because i never heard of that before i bought my strat in december

^Yeah i didnt see your first post, i've never heard of these springs. My strat was made in '02. Learning is fun!
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99

Quote by niggafolife