Hey gang, so I got a 5150 head awhile back off ebay, built a cab for it and plugged it in and......nothing. I checked everything and contacted the seller, he was cool and let me ship it back to him and I got a refund (a rare feat on ebay) so now I'm in the market for another head. I've been looking for 5150s but most of them are a bit out of my price range of $500. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the XXX heads or JSM or could recommend a head that'll give me a good sound for metal. Thanks gang!
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
Hey man I've got a Peavey Valveking head, and its pretty versatile. If you're playing real heavy high gain metal a good distortion pedal might be in order, but overall its tone is good and its right around your price range, and its all tube.
I tech for a band whos lead player has a valveking. It sounds pretty good, I'd be more concerned with the clean sound and volume because I've got a GNX4 that I can use for distortion and whatnot.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
Quote by opticon
I tech for a band whos lead player has a valveking. It sounds pretty good, I'd be more concerned with the clean sound and volume because I've got a GNX4 that I can use for distortion and whatnot.

Buy a solidstate then?
Gear Now:
Epiphone G400
JCM 900 4100
1960a cab
SD - 1

Next:
EQ Pedal

Go! Go! Bronco

You won't ever see me falling to my knees
I won't live for something I can't see
Quote by Dobbin87
Hey man I've got a Peavey Valveking head, and its pretty versatile. If you're playing real heavy high gain metal a good distortion pedal might be in order, but overall its tone is good and its right around your price range, and its all tube.

I'll second that. Valve King + Retube = Best low budget Valve Amp for everything.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12