Pedalboards can get quite pricey, at least for me, I've gotta save my bucks for other things like pedals, accessories, guitar mods, stuff that goes towards the band, and that burger king around the corner of my neighborhood...

would it be cheaper to just build one?

if so, i need some major help, i was just thinking of buying a cheap board of wood, and some velcro, and a surge protecter/extension cord, and then arrange them like every other pedalboard i've seen

is there a flaw to this?
i am a complete noob at pedalboards, it's not until now that i realize that i need one, so any help would be appreciated

thanks
exactly.
i just finished mine like an hour ago
i just used plywood
made a base then made a raised platform.
took like half an hour
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Our bass player did exactly what you are talking about, and it turned out great.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Quote by cerveza
exactly.
i just finished mine like an hour ago
i just used plywood
made a base then made a raised platform.
took like half an hour

are you serious? you used almost the same stuff i listed up there? did you do anything specific that i should know about? any advice?
Quote by Perturabo
Our bass player did exactly what you are talking about, and it turned out great.

thats awesome, mann! if this is really true, i'll be off to home depot and have a completely new pedalboard by the end of this week!
diy is a good way to go in terms of cost and customization

and in terms of just buying wood, industrial velcro, and surge protector thats generally how ive seen em done and thats also what i did, but theres nothing wrong with it although some people prefer more elaborate pedalboards
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Go for it man. I did that, used an old board I had lying around, some velcro for the pedals and for the surge protector. It turned out great. Only real help I can give you is to leave room should you feel the need for more pedals and also to build it so that its comfortable to use ie, maybe raise at an angle for ease.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY