hey guys..
just wonderin how all u guys started ur bands.. like how u found the memebers.. n how u started riting original stuff.. coz i have wanted to start a band for ages! n im tryin to get my sisters mate to learn bass.. coz we only need a bass player.. coz im a guitarist n mi mate plays drums.. but yer anywayz.. back to questions lol.. i wanna hear how it started for all u guys.. give me some motivation or ideas into gettin some ppl to wanna get to gether..

Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
i learned to spell, first.
I have no opinion on this matter.
i can spell fine.. its just how i type on the net.. im used to msn..
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

We were in music class, and decided to plan a band, rather than listening to the teacher.

This was about... 2 weeks ago.
Hey guys,
I was just wondering how you guys started your bands. Like how did you find the members? And how did you start writing original stuff? I have wanted to start a band for ages and I'm trying to get my sister's mate to learn bass because we only need a bass player because I'm a guitarist and my mate plays drums. So, I want to hear how it started for all you guys. Give me some motivation or ideas for getting people to want to get together.

I just couldn't resist fixing that up.
lol i was gonna comment on his grammar too. (damn i said "lol" hypocrisizing my point (hypocrisizing is that even a word?))
Quote by shan0_
i can spell fine.. its just how i type on the net.. im used to msn..
oh, that explains it. i thought you were just a complete moron. silly me.
I have no opinion on this matter.
There was an explosion at a local dildo factory. I responded to a job ad to help clean up the mess of dildos and sex dolls strewn about the neighbourhood. I was knee deep in vibrators, pleasure devices and condoms when I made eye contact with the future drummer. We talked, decided we could be doing something better, then the rest of the pieces fell together and the band was formed.
ok guys i get the point.. im not the most literate person.. well on the net anyways. Also id like to thank soulfly for his effort haha
Quote by srq89

ask mates to play or learn to play...find somewhere to jam...meet once a fortnight, ask how serious they are...yeah you can figure out the rest, either way its great fun!
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
There was an explosion at a local dildo factory. I responded to a job ad to help clean up the mess of dildos and sex dolls strewn about the neighbourhood. I was knee deep in vibrators, pleasure devices and condoms when I made eye contact with the future drummer. We talked, decided we could be doing something better, then the rest of the pieces fell together and the band was formed.

ROFL! That's the funniest thing I have heard all day, and I've heard many racist and sexist jokes today!
Quote by shan0_
ok guys i get the point.. im not the most literate person.. well on the net anyways. Also id like to thank soulfly for his effort haha

We here at the pit just want proper grammar, if you are going to post, please take the time to capitalise sentences and use full words. Anyway, I'm not in a band now, but my old band was just me and 3 of my friends. And if I wanted to start another one, pretty much everyone I know plays an instrument of some sort, so it wouldn't be too hard. The only problem is bassists seem to be quite rare.
First looked for a drummer, then another guitarplayer, then a bassist, replaced the bassist, kicked everyone out except the new bassist, got a new drummer, and here we are now doing great
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Quote by MeltingWaxFace

so your telling me you let hundreds of sex dolls go to waste?
Well...
I'd been talking to the other guitarist on msn for some time as we had wanted to start a band but hadn't actually met before. Using the power of Myspace (don't flame me) he found a metal drummer in the area (no joke, he actually searched "Wollongong drummer metal" in myspace) and he happened to know a bass player.

When I arrived to the first practice I thought it could be an elaborate attempt to jump me and steal my kidneys...
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
so your telling me you let hundreds of sex dolls go to waste?
Reply:
give them to charity? =S ?
Well, I found my drummer at school and we listened to the same kind of music and he played drums and i played guitar. Then we got a friend to pick up the bass and I took on the job of vocalist. We jam together once in a while and exchange guitar pros and notepad files to come up with original compositions! Haha.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace

This seems quite plausible.

I don't have a band. I like playing guitar, and I'd play guitar for a rock/punk/alternative band, but mostly I wanna do vocals for a hardcore band.
A U S S I E
a friend's friend invited me to be the bassist because im one of the only 4 bassists in the school. but the lineup is ridiculous in my opinion, we have 3 guitarists (my friend, the guy who invited -who always plays in drop d and c-, and some other guy, who doesnt even play his guitar and keeps on whining about how much he wants to play drums), a keyboard player (who doesnt listen to any of the music we do, e.g. beyonce etc.), a drummer who has no drumming experience and no drum kit. i dont even think we're a band, we only practice at school, the drop d guy is always playing some post-hardcore/metalcore riff, my friend is always playing some classic rock riff, im always playing some metallica/rhcp song (on guitar, because the basses are completely unplayable and theres no point because this ISNINT EVEN A PROPER BAND!!!!), the singer is singing some green day song, and the others think we and the music room are gay! WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?
GAHHHHHHH
Quote by myearshurt
a friend's friend invited me to be the bassist because im one of the only 4 bassists in the school. but the lineup is ridiculous in my opinion, we have 3 guitarists (my friend, the guy who invited -who always plays in drop d and c-, and some other guy, who doesnt even play his guitar and keeps on whining about how much he wants to play drums), a keyboard player (who doesnt listen to any of the music we do, e.g. beyonce etc.), a drummer who has no drumming experience and no drum kit. i dont even think we're a band, we only practice at school, the drop d guy is always playing some post-hardcore/metalcore riff, my friend is always playing some classic rock riff, im always playing some metallica/rhcp song (on guitar, because the basses are completely unplayable and theres no point because this ISNINT EVEN A PROPER BAND!!!!), the singer is singing some green day song, and the others think we and the music room are gay! WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?
GAHHHHHHH

GIANT WALL OF TEXT IS GIANT.

Fragment, consider revising.
A U S S I E
Quote by Zugunruhe
oh, that explains it. i thought you were just a complete moron. silly me.

Luckily incomplete morons like you don't worry about grammar and complain about other peoples spelling anyway.

It's not like it was impossible to read the thread starter's post anyway douche bag.
Quote by Jcore44
This seems quite plausible.

I don't have a band. I like playing guitar, and I'd play guitar for a rock/punk/alternative band, but mostly I wanna do vocals for a hardcore band.

lol thats like the same as me
also i sorta have a band going where im vocallist and guitarist but so far theres only me n a drummer and it formed cause we wanted to play gigs n get paid
My Current band is new, 2nd rehearsal this week.

Guitar (Me)
Drummer (old friend, he was original drummer in my last band)
Bassist (Brother in law)
Singer (singer in the bassists old band)