Is it possible to get the scratchy sound off 'bulls on parade' or the beepy sound on 'Sleep now in the fire', on a squier start with a G2.1U pedal and a whammy bar.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
tom is amazing and youd probably need to talk to him to find out how he gets those sounds
but to get a sound exactly like it youd need a good guitar so odds are on not a squire lol
also he uses but loads of pedals so youd be hard pressed to get the exact same sound without buying the 9 orr so pedals he uses lol
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
You don't need a whammy bar for bulls on parade. Possibly for the solo though...but theres alot of messed up stuff he does for that.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ebay Help > asking a dog for help > The Pit

Quote by brady12345
dude, you have a camera, go kick some people in the nuts and run
the squier does not have two volume controls so you wont be able to do either, unless you install a killswitch, watch mattybobs videos to see how he does it
Quote by FuZzY(aus)
tom is amazing and youd probably need to talk to him to find out how he gets those sounds
but to get a sound exactly like it youd need a good guitar so odds are on not a squire lol
also he uses but loads of pedals so youd be hard pressed to get the exact same sound without buying the 9 orr so pedals he uses lol

In the Rage days I think he only had a BOSS tremolo and the Whammy pedal, and of course the crybaby.

As for the solo it's just string rubbin, on/off togglin, and the whammy.

It's real easy to fake though. String rubbin with some wah. Add some delay and a little chorus too, and you'll get yourself pretty darn close.
Also for his overdriven tone, the only substitute is the real thing, a cranked JCM800
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by -GuitarHero-
You don't need a whammy bar for bulls on parade. Possibly for the solo though...but theres alot of messed up stuff he does for that.

Nope, no bar for the solo, only a killswitch and a wah.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Digitech Whammy pedal for most of his high pitched whammy stuff.

And uh, you need a toggle switch style pick-up selector to do Bulls On Parade / Know Your Enemy / Sleep Now In The Fire / Tom Morello Guitar Battle.

The Squier has a Strat style five way switch, right? That wouldn't work for it...
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
for the sleep now in the fire solo, you need a whammy bar, toggle switch, and possibly an EQ to get more treble and sustain. He does the solo by picking an A string then bringing it up close to a loud amp, and the amp picks up the feedback of the open A string, making the hummingish noise. He then uses the whammy bar to control the pitch of the feedback and the toggle to start and stop the signal. Bulls on parade is just rubbing his hand on the strings with a depressed wah for white noise and a toggle switch to start and stop the noise. The 5-way switch would work, the problem is strats only have one volume knob. installing a volume knob for seperate pickups would cause the 5 way switch to toggle on and off.