Ok. So im looking at chord charts or w/e, just to bettet my knowledge. Im sure i know many, if not all of the chords out there, yet, when i look at charts, i become confused. how do i know what fret to finger on? LOL. i know this is retarded, but yeah. SEE? Tab reading makes you STUPID. oh, btw, i know there are many, but in case it matters, this is the chart i was looking at

http://www.guitaralliance.com/images/openchords.gif

Hmm. the url says open chords... so.... idk... of those are.... just.. like. certain ones, but if you could explain chords in general id appreciate it.
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
That chart it messed up. Go find a better one like the one on the Gibson Website.
And an Open chord...it's not a power chord. it's "the proper way" to play a chord
example: G Open Chord
e 3
B 3
G 0
D 0
A 2
E 3
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
that chart eats faeces
Quote by yawn
There are most certainly not the same thing. They share the same notes, but then again a hamburger and vomit could share the same molecular composition.

Need a laugh?

Quote by GeneralGrim
Lmao. You, sir, just made my year.
all those chords are at the nut end of the fretboard, if you had to move up it would say
uh...you're all stupid! the chart is called OPEN CHORDS!!! they all take place w/in the first 4 frets!
There's nothing wrong with that chart, it's a perfectly straightforward chord chart with the nut at the top rather than the side. The dots are the fretted notes, the numbers are the suggested finger to use and "x's" are the strings you don't play.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Apr 7, 2008,
so basically, the ones i linked to show frets 1-5 right? Is that what you're saying?
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
yup, the top line is the nut. You can turn any of them into barre chords by replacing the nut with your index finger and moving the shape around.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com