This is my first post so you'll have to excuse me if this sounds a little dumb but... how do you create those parts in songs that send shiver down your spine? Some times its a vocal part, sometimes a riff but the melody just does something. Any tips?
i find its usually to do with the artist getting you to feel the emotion in their voice or playing
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Comfortably numb solo does it for me every time.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
the last time that happened was when I listened to Freebird...that part when the solo starts is just awesomeness time infinity!!!
if there were a simple answer for that that applied to everyone, everyone could write an awesome song.

has alot to do with feeling, and talent.
it's from something that you don't hear everyday. Something that takes talent and practice to come up with. Not just some random crap from a local band.
This account may be a multi, but you can't prove it
:P
It's something mostly said by pretentious musical snobs when they talk about the first time they listened to Radiohead, or Aesop Rock.
Dont stop believin'...... copy it
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
The outro notes just before the harmony at the end of Tears Don't Fall by BFMV.

Perfect notes and perfect timing, you just know its towards the end of the song
Quote by CoreysMonster
if there were a simple answer for that that applied to everyone, everyone could write an awesome song.

has alot to do with feeling, and talent.

+1

Talent, inspiration and some black magic.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.