guys i need help!
Can't choose between a epiphone Les paul standart and a gibson les paul standart!
the big rock in gibsons garden is i've heard that gibson LP standart isn't worth the money, but a epiphone is a lot cheaper so i could replace it after some years if i didn't like it, bt a gibson would be stuck for life!
How is a Gibson Les Paul Standard not worth the money?
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
you could also consider getting a gibson les paul studio. I own one and I liked the sound coming out of it more than the standard for harder rock. If you dont have nice gear dont get a nice guitar or else it wont be worth it, most of your tone is from the amp
You're never "stuck for life" with a guitar.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Don't listen to all the folks who like to bash gibsons. It's a popular thing to do, don't ask me why. Most of these people probably never even played a gibson.
I have played about a dozen of them so far (not that I own one, but anyway...) and I have to say that each of them was flawless. Perfect craftsmanship, material and sound, add to that that they were ideally set up right out of the box and you get an idea why they cost so much.

A Gibson LP Standard is in no way comparable to an Epiphone. Epiphones have worse wood and craftsmanship, as well as WAY worse sound. The wood and quality are not bad by any means, but not near as good as a Gibson's. And once you replace the pickups, you get a wonderful sound out of it.

However, if you are a beginner and not sure if you'll stick with guitar, I'd consider getting an epi, just because it cuts the costs.

Quote by ortrigger
Gibson Les Paul Classic. 'nuff said.

+1
I find the looks of the non-figured tops to be more appealing than the looks of the flametops. The pickups are somewhat different, too.
I personally wouldn't keep such a narrow set of choices in mind. Getting a Gibson Standard at the moment isn't really worth themoeny, when for Epiphone prices you could get a fantastic axe like a Tokai, Orville (MIJ Gibson), Hagstrom, Yamaha AES, Fernandes, Italia, PRS SE or similar.
Quote by Chordzzz
High end Epiphones>Low end Gibsons

Only when speaking about the Epiphone Elitist guitars. Those are not exactly cheap to begin with but still cheaper than comparable Gibsons.

I say +1 to kyle62. The Yamaha AES620 costs as much as the Epiphone LP Custom, but has a far better sound (Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge!), while the AES920 is just as good as a gibson and costs only 1300€.
The sound and feel of a Epiphone LP is pretty close to of the Gibson. I think it's safer to go with a Epiphone first to find out if you like it or not.
Go with Epiphone Custom, they are very good guitars.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by kyle62
I personally wouldn't keep such a narrow set of choices in mind. Getting a Gibson Standard at the moment isn't really worth themoeny, when for Epiphone prices you could get a fantastic axe like a Tokai, Orville (MIJ Gibson), Hagstrom, Yamaha AES, Fernandes, Italia, PRS SE or similar.

No, I have been playin guitar for 3 years and i have been wanting a LP from the very start!
A Gibson LP Standard is in no way comparable to an Epiphone. Epiphones have worse wood and craftsmanship, as well as WAY worse sound. The wood and quality are not bad by any means, but not near as good as a Gibson's. And once you replace the pickups, you get a wonderful sound out of it.

However, if you are a beginner and not sure if you'll stick with guitar, I'd consider getting an epi, just because it cuts the costs.

you mean for 2500 pounds i still gotta replace the ****ing humbuckers?! WTF?
may i also throw Schecter into play? they have some dang good guitars for a pretty decent price. the Omen 6 is only about 300 and from all i've heard would play better than an epi LP standard.
Quote by jimmypopali
No, I have been playin guitar for 3 years and i have been wanting a LP from the very start!

Basically, they are LP's.

Are you really willing to waste a ton of money just to have 'Les Paul' on the headstock? If so, don't bother asking for advice in the first place.
Quote by ortrigger
may i also throw Schecter into play? they have some dang good guitars for a pretty decent price. the Omen 6 is only about 300 and from all i've heard would play better than an epi LP standard.

i know they make good guitars, but for some reason i can't explain i just can't stand Schecter guitars!
Quote by jimmypopali
i know they make good guitars, but for some reason i can't explain i just can't stand Schecter guitars!

A7X hater? or just don't like them? ok then, the PRS SE looks a lot like an LP and they play wonderfully.
If you're buying a Gibson Les Paul just because it's a real Gibson Les Paul, first; grow up and two; buy a new guitar. If you still want a Gibson then, you will probably never grow up and live with your mother for the rest of your life.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Just buy the Gibson and upload pics of it so we can drool over it.

Also, Gibson Quality Control nowadays is kinda **** so if you order it across the net, you may just end up with a **** one.
Quote by jimmypopali
guys i need help!
Can't choose between a epiphone Les paul standart and a gibson les paul standart!
the big rock in gibsons garden is i've heard that gibson LP standart isn't worth the money, but a epiphone is a lot cheaper so i could replace it after some years if i didn't like it, bt a gibson would be stuck for life!

my Gibson LP std is whispering 'lol' in my ear.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
If Money Is No Object...Gibson Hands Down BUT...
For The Money Look At Epiphone Elitists?
Essentially A Gibson But A Weird Headstock
Hope It Helps!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Epi Elitists FTW!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Epi Elitists FTW!

+1
Nice One Dave

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page