I've noticed, that when i eat alot of sugary foods like crisps, chocolate bars, and fizzy drinks, my guitar playing falls to peices and my speed and energy drops drastically compared to when i eat healithier stuff, eg fruit

is it better to eat healithy foods like fruit and stuff, or is it all in my head
My conclusion: Fat people can't play guitar.

Wait.....yes they can...

I think it's all in your head.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
It's all in your head, crazy.

You're probably blaming your faulty guitarplaying at something.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by aaronjk0406
well sugar eventually crashes giving you less energy...

That's why you need............FIVE HOUR ENERGY!
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
When you eat a lot of sugar you get a short high of energy but then fall into long low. But this is more in terms of sports and so on. I don't think that it has so much of an effect on your guitar playing.

But eating healthy is always good
i think it's good to eat healthy regardless.
In winter when it's cold and i don't exercise, i gain a few pounds and it slows my playing and i'm less accurate.

In summer when i'm active, college sports are on and all, i can pick up the guitar 5 mins after waking and still play accurately after a few mins of getting to know the ol' fretboard.

I think it's mostly in your head but fitness never hurt anyone. It's all about dexterity and muscle memory but who said eating healthy never helped that?

But not like i have some guitar diet hahaha.

PS: I saw Yngwie live when fat - above average. Saw him a year later in shape, my GOD he blew me away, bigger crowd but still has something to do with the 30lbs he lost i think:P
Quote by G.Krizzel
When you eat a lot of sugar you get a short high of energy but then fall into long low. But this is more in terms of sports and so on. I don't think that it has so much of an effect on your guitar playing.

But eating healthy is always good

thanks, and it just tends to be the lack on energy in my hands and arms that affects my playing, il try to eat healthy from now on
i actually disagree with everyone who says this doesn't matter.

Although this is a little different than what the poster has said, my hands usually shake when I'm nervous. I can get over it if I'm playing guitar, however if I have a lot of sugar (for example drink soda or eat a chocolaty thing before playing) I tend to speed up tempos and it makes my hand a mess.

So yeah, I def. think this can have an effect on your playing, just be smart if you notice it effects you.
Nah, my guitar playing is good either way.

Although when you overload on sugar you'll generally end up feeling demotivated and uninspired, which may be why you suck after eating lots of crap?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Eat a metronome.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
I think that its not exclusively down to what you eat I'd imagine there are several other important factors just as important as ones diet. But theoretically a healthier diet should lead to better guitar playing
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
If you eat fatty foods you won't look good without a shirt on, and you can't be a rocker with a shirt on.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Eat small mammals.

Preferably the winged nocturnal kind.
Quote by diminishedtobme
Imagine how good Micheal Romeo would be if he was thinner!11!!1!1

He would be insane

More insane than he his now.........Don't let him diet, the world will end

Quote by BobMarleysGhost
Eat a metronome.

Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

I eat so much ****tier food up here at college ( For a week I ate almost 2 cheesesteaks a day ) and I've improved SO MUCH at guitar lately. I've started to eat healthier lately though because I don't feel like dying.
Well, I think that momentum and your day to day form has more to do with it, but of course this is effected by your diet.
TS, you have just realized why the call that stuff "healthy" foods.

It's because they are good for you, give you energy, etc.

Hooray science!
The.
Yngwie is a fat bastard and he can play all that fast technical stuff.
late Shawn Lane?

healthy food is good anyways though
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Yeah sugar has a HUGE impact on your muscles and makes them weak. It has the same effect on me and I had a chiropractor prove it to me. They do a simple strength test where you hold out your arm and he applies a light pressure and you just hold your arm steady. Then he does the same thing but has you hold a sugar pill or even a can of soda and instantly your strength goes to crap. It's that powerful that it can suck the energy outta your muscles without even ingesting it!

The best advice would be to just keep an eye on what you eat before you record or play a gig. I've found that eliminating sugar from your diet is really not all that hard if you're determined to be at your best when you play.

Good Luck,

SVH
"When one loses himself in his art, the art then comes to life."

-Hazrat Inayat Khan
malmsteen is fat.theres your answer
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by griffRG7321
is it better to eat healithy foods like fruit and stuff, or is it all in my head

...Are you seriously asking this question?
Funny words.
Quote by Kensai
It's all in your head, crazy.

You're probably blaming your faulty guitarplaying at something.

+1 practise more!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Eating vegetables make me wanna play soft hippie music.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Quote by omghi2u
Eating vegetables make me wanna play soft hippie music.

What kind of 'vegetables'?
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Dude, you could eat babies and still be a guitar god.
Just look at Malmsteen.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

YOU NEED GUITARTHRIST!!!

THE DRINK THAT GETS YOU SHREDDING THE PISS OUT OF AN AXE!!!

FEEL LIKE YOU SUCK A WHOLE LOTTA ASS AT GUITAR?

PRESSURED TO BE GOOD AT BEING ABLE TO MAKE ANNOYING PITCHES WITH METAL STRINGS
STRAPPED TO WOOD INTO GOOD SONGS?

WELL YOU NEED GUITARTHIRST!!!!

THE ONLY DRINK THAT'LL GET YOUR SORRY ASS OUT OF PLAYING DMETAL MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB INTO DOING SOMETHING CRAZY!!!!

GUITARTHIRST!!!!
I eat whatever the fuck I want and my playing never sounds any better or worse than it usually does.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
you probably suck and blame it on other things. when i was a n00b i used to say my amp wouldn't let me do pinch harmonics and it was just my technique